Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Yaya Toure

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He won’t

I know, I was momentarily excited, then I realised what I was expecting and from whom.
Naturally I knew it was an empty promise that'll probably be backtracked.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Fair points so far, £100k is a lot of dosh for his age and he can throw strops and stuff.
But if he has still got it he is pure class, at his best he was unplayable, but when he threw his toys he was also unplayable.
Tony likes a gamble though.

£200K a week, and throws a wobbly when somebody doesn't buy him a birthday cake....big team player? Nah, don't want him here. He's the sort who will go and play noddy football for big bucks. Some footballers, having already become as rich as Croesus, will go on playing for the love of the game - even if on less money (as in, they don't know how to spend any more) - but I don't see him as one of them.
Abu Dhabi paying more money (with weekly celebration cakes, presented by his humble team mates in mute adoration) than, say, Russia, he'll go.......

.....I'll leave the answer to that up to you.........................

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
and yet here he is jumping on everything I write, having previously said 'I'll never reply to you again' doing a particularly good impression of someone getting wound up.

Nighty night all :wave:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I thin k that we need an old head to call on when needed hence my suggestion of both Milner who will bcome4 abit player at Liverpool or more realistically Toure who WANTS another year in the Premier and must realise that he wont get big wages.

Does he realise that? I doubt it.

It may, of course, all be coming from his agent, who is doubtless out for every penny, but he should still be able to see through that. If he can't , then I wouldn't want him at The Amex.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I thin k that we need an old head to call on when needed hence my suggestion of both Milner who will bcome4 abit player at Liverpool or more realistically Toure who WANTS another year in the Premier and must realise that he wont get big wages.

He might fancy it, but not if he's only going to get an offer of £75k per week when a Chinese team will offer him five times that.

Toure is way, way out of our budget range and frankly I'm glad. We have what appears to be a decent set-up, with a bunch of players in the same sort of wage bracket, broadly speaking, who seem to want to fight for each other. Parachuting in one notoriously temperamental individual on wages significantly higher than others can only upset that balance.

No thanks.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
He might fancy it, but not if he's only going to get an offer of £75k per week when a Chinese team will offer him five times that.

Toure is way, way out of our budget range and frankly I'm glad. We have what appears to be a decent set-up, with a bunch of players in the same sort of wage bracket, broadly speaking, who seem to want to fight for each other. Parachuting in one notoriously temperamental individual on wages significantly higher than others can only upset that balance.

No thanks.

He'll probably end up in either China or the USA, the only leagues, where his diminished pace won't be noticed!

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Does he realise that? I doubt it.

It may, of course, all be coming from his agent, who is doubtless out for every penny, but he should still be able to see through that. If he can't , then I wouldn't want him at The Amex.

Can’t believe you are debating the merits of signing Yaya Toure with BG......

He’s temperamental knob - wouldn’t want him anywhere near our club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Interview in The Guardian with him today:

But having claimed in 2015 that his achievements in England have not been properly recognised, the four-times African player of the year reiterated his opinion and said United’s Paul Pogba often suffers from the same perception. “Maybe when I am retired from football I will have more respect,” Touré said. “What I have achieved and what I have done, I don’t think I get enough.

“That is why I am a little bit sad because people put a lot of pressure on Paul Pogba. We are different. When you see the type of run [I do], how many times you can do it, box to box, and be able to start the ball from defence and be able to finish as well. And in how many games in the Premier League, Champions League, national team, the travelling, and not have an injury for many years [you can see what I did].”

:wanker:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Is this thread honestly for real?

People discussing if Yaya Toure will be signing for Brighton?

Yep, why not, class player and available and apparently up for doing a deal if you look at some of the posts.
But it's only a discussion that is what this thing is for.
Doesn't mean to say he will, doesn't mean to say people want him here.
Too expensive? (wages) too sulky? too billy big bollox? all maybe.
But also one of the best players ever to grace the PL and its on a free.
But it's just a discussion for views on the matter, nothing serious.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here