Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Yasin Ayari

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
It looked like a thigh to arm to me. No wonder he was so sheepish. Loved the way his team mate gave him a great big shove when he decided to have it goal-scorery large :LOL:
That's right. Burst my bubble. There was me thinking he's got balls of steel, then you point out the reason he didn't wince was because he didn't get hit in the balls.

Personally, I would rather be known for scoring with my todger than an arm or leg. It's also a good story to tell your grandchildren.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That's right. Burst my bubble. There was me thinking he's got balls of steel, then you point out the reason he didn't wince was because he didn't get hit in the balls.

Personally, I would rather be known for scoring with my todger than an arm or leg. It's also a good story to tell your grandchildren.
I am a notorious dream-killing bastard. I just can't help myself.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
To me unless a player is starting near enough every game, a loan is totally pointless isn’t it? Very hard to find the right loan for players granted, but what is Ayari learning sitting on the bench at Coventry, be better off playing with our 21’s

Same as Sarmiento, we mostly used Jeremy as an impact sub when needed, pretty much all he’s done at WBA, Moran and Rushworth have thrived, I guess not all loans work out that’s just the way it is.

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
Seems too lightweight at this point to be playing championship football. If he was good enough Robbins would play him. Might be a slow burn for him to get anywhere near our first 11.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
To me unless a player is starting near enough every game, a loan is totally pointless isn’t it? Very hard to find the right loan for players granted, but what is Ayari learning sitting on the bench at Coventry, be better off playing with our 21’s

Same as Sarmiento, we mostly used Jeremy as an impact sub when needed, pretty much all he’s done at WBA, Moran and Rushworth have thrived, I guess not all loans work out that’s just the way it is.
During the negotiations to sign Ayari, his agent was adamant he would only sign as a first team squad member and not as an U21. This self confidence was amply demonstrated when he attempted an audacious overhead kick with virtually his first kick, coming on as a sub, making his debut. I guess he realises now that things are a little tougher than he imagined.

Not every loan works out and he is still young, his next move will be interesting though. At the start of the season I thought he was more likely to make a success of things than Moran, who I thought might struggle with the physical side of the Championship and Sarmiento who dazzles with the ball at his feet, but needs to focus on the end product. Of the three Moran appears to be the one who is thriving.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
AYARI JOINS BLACKBURN ON LOAN

Midfielder Yasin Ayari has switched from Coventry City to Blackburn Rovers, where he has signed on loan for the rest of the season.

The 20-year-old Swedish international links up with Albion teammate Andy Moran at Ewood Park, having spent the first half of the season on loan at Coventry.

Technical director David Weir said, “Yasin was a regular in the squad at Coventry, but he was finding playing time limited.

“We feel his move to Blackburn will give him more opportunities to play, and we’re looking forward to following his progress in the second half of the season.”

Yasin joined Albion in January 2023 from Swedish side AIK, on a four-and-a-half-year deal.

He made his Premier League debut as a substitute in our 2-0 win at Bournemouth in April 2023, before making his first start in the final game of the season at Aston Villa.

Freddo

May 14, 2006
Clapham
I can't really see him playing that much at Blackburn, given that their best player (Szmodics) plays the same CAM role as him

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Honestly? I don't see the logic. We already have Moran there playing CAM or wide attacker, and doing well.

Consensus on Ayari seems that he's too lightweight and goes missing in games, not ideal for DM in a lower half side then. Coventry fans call him the ultimate luxury player.

I would have tried to find him a club in a slightly less physical league where he can showcase his talents and we can drive up his value.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Annoyed that they are developing our players rather than their own and that Ayari is too lightweight for the relegation scrap.
Give it time – they'll be #FreeYasinArari-ing by the end of t'season. :wave:

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Annoyed that they are developing our players rather than their own and that Ayari is too lightweight for the relegation scrap.
are they in a relagation scrap? Yes they're 17th but they're only 8 points off the play off places while they're 10 points clear of the drop zone

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here