Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Yasin Ayari

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
From what little I’ve seen of him he looks much too lightweight for the PL. Not vaguely impressed yet. He will toughen up with game time in the Championship
You might be right. It's a common theme that players have to toughen up for the PL.

But if, and Ayari obviously isn't there yet, you have a lightweight who is a baller like Gilmour, then maybe he needs to stay a lightweight? An Iniesta type of player.

Mitoma is another, although not the same position. He is so elusive. But against that, we piled the muscle onto Trossard in the same position.

We seem to like players who are small, nippy and with a low centre of gravity. Just an observation. I know there are exceptions !

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Not a defensive midfielder…….

However, he is surely an exceptional prospect. Subbed on at ‘69 for Coventry yesterday for a failed Chelsea flop and really got into the game:

1. 69'

Substitution​

Substitution, Coventry City. Yasin Ayari replaces Kasey Palmer.

• 74'

Post update​

Attempt missed. Ben Sheaf (Coventry City) right footed shot from outside the box is close, but misses to the left. Assisted by Yasin Ayari.

• 79'

Post update​

Attempt saved. Haji Wright (Coventry City) right footed shot from the left side of the box is saved in the centre of the goal. Assisted by Yasin Ayari

• 80'

Post update​

Attempt blocked. Matt Godden (Coventry City) right footed shot from the centre of the box is blocked. Assisted by Yasin Ayari

• 87'

Post update​

Attempt missed. Yasin Ayari (Coventry City) right footed shot from more than 35 yards misses to the right following a fast break

• 90'+3'

Post update​

Foul by Yasin Ayari (Coventry City).

• 90'+6'

Post update​

Yasin Ayari (Coventry City) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Mark Robins seems to want more from young Yasin.
“We made changes and brought Haji and Yasin on and you sort of get a glimpse of what Yasin can be and what he can bring.

“We need him to not walk as much as he did do because when you come on, you've got to make that difference with your energy because that's why you're on the field as well as the quality that you've got.

“He's gone through, and he's gone directly at his man and picked the perfect pass for Haji and he’s opened his body up and you expect him to just bury it with his ability into the far corner and he just didn't make it and the ‘keeper has made the save and the chance went.”

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
The comments from the Coventry supporters are very complimentary...

They are. I get the feeling we're not far away from #FreeYasinAyari trending :lolol:

I really rate him and, while I was disappointed at the time, a loan was almost certainly the best thing for him, development-wise. If things go well, he could have a big role to play in our 2024/25 season. Especially in the Champions League games :wink:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Bit cocky...

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Mark Robins seems to want more from young Yasin.
“We made changes and brought Haji and Yasin on and you sort of get a glimpse of what Yasin can be and what he can bring.

“We need him to not walk as much as he did do because when you come on, you've got to make that difference with your energy because that's why you're on the field as well as the quality that you've got.

“He's gone through, and he's gone directly at his man and picked the perfect pass for Haji and he’s opened his body up and you expect him to just bury it with his ability into the far corner and he just didn't make it and the ‘keeper has made the save and the chance went.”
Guess he will say now that Yasin has balls.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
sky have just played the slo-mo replay. Right in his family jewels. He didn't even wince. What a pro.
It looked like a thigh to arm to me. No wonder he was so sheepish. Loved the way his team mate gave him a great big shove when he decided to have it goal-scorery large :LOL:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here