Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Yasin Ayari

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Disagree. Key attributes to play the pivot role in an RDZ team are technical- first touch, short passing and mental- positioning, work rate. Alzate could definitely contribute. That's why Gross has looked so effective there when he has played but struggled as a deep CM under Potter. There's more focus on the ball doing the work now. But for that to happen you have to be very comfortable on the ball, in tight spaces, and have good awareness.
Suspect RDZ will be having a VERY close look at Alzate in the summer.

Last edited:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
That Swedish reporter reckons he's going in the first team squad straight away hence my semi jest comment are we broke?

Facundo and him would normally get loaned out straight away.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
That Swedish reporter reckons he's going in the first team squad straight away hence my semi jest comment are we broke?

With the current midfield being so good and with longer term uncertainties in mind, the move to first team may have been hastened. However a fair part of it could be that De Zerbi (my lord 🙌 ) has a far more aggressive and risky approach than the more cautious Potter.

Last edited:

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
We seem to corner the market in wonderkids.

Ecuador - caicedo
Paraguay - Enciso
ArGentina - Facundo B
Sweden - Ayari
Poland - kozlowski
Ireland - Ferguson

Any others?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

That used to be the case and still is with certain players, including those who need to go out for work permit reasons, but Sarmiento and Enciso haven't gone out on loan and have come straight into the first team squad, Ferguson has also stepped up without a loan move. Maybe it's a sign that the quality of youngster we are now able to attract means they are more ready for the first team than those we previously used to bring in.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
How can people say Gilmore is not good enough. Same as Undav has hardly played
Surely because the man that matters, Roberto De Zerbi, has determined they are not (yet) good enough.

And he has the benefit of watching them day in, day out in training.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Disagree. Key attributes to play the pivot role in an RDZ team are technical- first touch, short passing and mental- positioning, work rate. Alzate could definitely contribute. That's why Gross has looked so effective there when he has played but struggled as a deep CM under Potter. There's more focus on the ball doing the work now. But for that to happen you have to be very comfortable on the ball, in tight spaces, and have good awareness.
Suspect RDZ will be having a VERY close look at Alzate in the summer.
I could see Alzate doing very well in that role. He has good composure on the ball when playing in tight spaces.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
How can people say Gilmore is not good enough. Same as Undav has hardly played
Gilmore IS good enough.

However, he can’t yet compete with a World Champion, a player who has just had a £55m bid for him laughed out of the Amex and club legend Pascal Groß, our greatest EPL signing.

Tough gig for the wee Scotch but he’ll get there.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
AIK CEO commented on the alleged Brighton interest yesterday:

- Yasin Ayari is a fantastically good player, just like we have many young good players in AIK. ..... We have many young good footballers, and if you have many young good players, who also play in the national team, it is clear that there is an interest in all of them. It will be too much speculation for me to answer.

Yes we whinge (me too for sure) about the Chelsea's coming in for our players but as it's been said before, football is a food chain. The PL are the top of the chain.

Yes we're excited that it looks like this young lad is joining us and that he's another potential star. I'm not sure AIK fans and their CEO are as excited.

I will be upset when Caicedo, Mac etc ... leave but I'll try to remain philosophical. No idea if I'll succeed tho.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yeah, some league cup minutes although I don't recall him. Our fourth previous swedish player is very obscure
Is it the keeper we had on loan (from Reading?) when we suddenly got about 7 loanees in, struggling at the foot of L1?

Mikkel Anderson, or similar?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
"Disco Dan" is probably Swedish transfer journalist Daniel "Disco" Kristoffersson who is indeed very reliable.

Edit: Indeed it was him. Done deal then I think. Around £4m it seems.
If it was coming out of Swanny’s slush fund, would you spend your booty on Ayari or Bardghji?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Is it the keeper we had on loan (from Reading?) when we suddenly got about 7 loanees in, struggling at the foot of L1?

Mikkel Anderson, or similar?
I looked him up, and apparently he was Norwegian :down:

only other one I can think of is a young striker called Bojan Radulovic, who I’m sure was Swedish when we signed him, but now seems to be listed as Serbian.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Well that makes no sense. Alzate isn't good enough for us, Gilmour is his closest in the squad and he's isn't good enough. These players who aren't spectacular, but keep the ball flowing are just a waste of a place in the team.
Well I compared them as players and they have the most comparable style of play. I disagree with your final sentence as well... Xavi could easily be described in a similar way.

I'd be surprised if Ayari plays a single minute for Brighton this season.

Maybe goes on loan, maybe stays to adapt and train with the first team.
Yes we whinge (me too for sure) about the Chelsea's coming in for our players but as it's been said before, football is a food chain. The PL are the top of the chain.

Yes we're excited that it looks like this young lad is joining us and that he's another potential star. I'm not sure AIK fans and their CEO are as excited.

I will be upset when Caicedo, Mac etc ... leave but I'll try to remain philosophical. No idea if I'll succeed tho.
They appear to be pretty happy... of course the fans would have preferred to keep Ayari for another year but they seem happy with the fee and that he isn't going to some mid-tier Eredivisie team which is usually where Swedish talents ends up.
If it was coming out of Swanny’s slush fund, would you spend your booty on Ayari or Bardghji?
Bardghji is one of the biggest talents in the world, Ayari isn't. But could still become a very good player.
I looked him up, and apparently he was Norwegian :down:

only other one I can think of is a young striker called Bojan Radulovic, who I’m sure was Swedish when we signed him, but now seems to be listed as Serbian.
Nope, Radulovic isn't Swedish. Maybe confusing him with Icelandic/Serbian Stefan Ljubicic?
I'm not sure if the list I found included loanees or not, but anyway this player was a permanent signing. He played 6 times for us between 1979 and 1983. Good luck!
Pretty curious who this may be. Couldn't have been in the top tier I think as the only Swedes to play in the English top division before he PL were Dan Ekner (Portsmouth), Hans Jeppsson (Charlton), Glenn Hysen (Liverpool), Stefan Rehn (Everton), Roland Nilsson (Sheffield Wednesday) and Anders Limpar (Arsenal).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here