Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Yaser Asprilla

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
He doesn't look like a DM to me. Still, who doesn't want another S American attacking teenager?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
But poor Watford.
It's the way of the world: Shakespeare knew

Master, I marvel how the fishes live in the sea.

First Fisherman. Why, as men do a-land; the great ones eat up the little ones; I can compare our rich misers to nothing so fitly as to a whale; a’ plays and tumbles, driving the poor fry before him, and at last devours them all at a mouthful. Such whales have I heard on o’ the land, who never leave gaping till they’ve swallowed the whole parish, church, steeple, bells, and all.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
37 championship appearances, 1 goal and 2 assists suggests he’s not ready for the step up.

Buying him now and leaving him on loan at Watford for the season might be in both clubs interests.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
37 championship appearances, 1 goal and 2 assists suggests he’s not ready for the step up.

Buying him now and leaving him on loan at Watford for the season might be in both clubs interests.
Moises Caicedo last year (league only) 37 apps, 1 goal, 1 assist.

He’s our best player

Why do people continue to define players by statistics. Goals and assists are not relevant for defensive midfielders. Watch football with your eyes not with statistics.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος

He’s our best player

Why do people continue to define players by statistics. Goals and assists are not relevant for defensive midfielders. Watch football with your eyes not with statistics.

Asprilla is an attacking midfielder though, so attacking output is the first thing that's looked at.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020

He’s our best player

He's been playing AM, AMR I believe.
He does have decent defensive stats but my understanding is he has mostly played 8/10, 7 and 11.
Left footed.
If anything he's back up to Solly.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I expect Watford are under some financial strain and need to off load players.
This lad looks like he has physical attributes that could help us. Quick, strong, young. Let’s remember we moulded Moises into a defensive midfielder. That’s where I expect this lad may end up playing.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

He’s our best player

Maybe you know better than Tony Bloom and our approach and could therefore advise him that he's doing it all wrong and shouldn't look at statistics? Statistics are useful, they give credibility to the 'things we see with our eyes' and a form of measuring them. Caicedo had fantastic statistics last year, just not in goalscoring and assists.

Stumpy Tim

I expect Watford are under some financial strain and need to off load players.
This lad looks like he has physical attributes that could help us. Quick, strong, young. Let’s remember we moulded Moises into a defensive midfielder. That’s where I expect this lad may end up playing.
Moises was always a defensive midfielder.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Maybe you know better than Tony Bloom and our approach and could therefore advise him that he's doing it all wrong and shouldn't look at statistics? Statistics are useful, they give credibility to the 'things we see with our eyes' and a form of measuring them. Caicedo had fantastic statistics last year, just not in goalscoring and assists.
Exactly and the post I’m replying to was judging him off goals and assists and nothing else.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Using assists isn’t that helpful. Kevin de Bruyne wouldn’t have many if the chances were being presented to Jurgen Locadia.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Exactly and the post I’m replying to was judging him off goals and assists and nothing else.
In the position he was playing that’s the go to stats to look at. He’s underperforming in his xg and xa also.

Another season in the Championship is the best thing for his career development that was being highlighted in my original post (similar to Sarmiento going to West Brom on loan).

He featured in most games for Watford last season but mainly as an impact player off the bench. He should get more game time now that Pedro has moved on.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
These are his percentiles…
IMG_2339.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here