Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] XPG - A Fourth Place Finish

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I know you're teasing SB - but Palace have (finally) invested pretty heavily in youth development over the last few years.
They're now a Cat 1 academy, were promoted to PL2 Div 1 (with the Albion) only 48 hours ago and their u18s have had a really good year nearly winning their league - and beating us er, 5-1 a few weeks ago.
Wan Bissaka, and now Tyrick Mitchell also show some pathway to the first team squad and beyond.

No news on the stand mind.

A shame for them about the stand it's lucky the other three are in such good nick eh?

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
We have the potential to shoot up the table next season. That will be reflected in the odds for the season when they come out. I would hazard a guess there will be at least 7 clubs more fancied for relegation than us. From the current season, I'd suggest Burnley, Saints, Palace, Newcastle. And then throw in the 3 promoted sides. Maybe Villa into that mix if they sell Grealish.

Wouldn't normally blow my own trumpet, but...

https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?388156-Relegation-Odds-21-22-Season

Only one I missed is Wolves also currently being more fancied than us. Now obviously these will change a lot before the season starts, as gamblers start factoring in transfers and the like - but it's clear that at the moment the gamblers like the potential that we showed, and that's being reflected in the odds.

White Fan man

Oct 25, 2020
Wouldn't normally blow my own trumpet, but...

https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?388156-Relegation-Odds-21-22-Season

Only one I missed is Wolves also currently being more fancied than us. Now obviously these will change a lot before the season starts, as gamblers start factoring in transfers and the like - but it's clear that at the moment the gamblers like the potential that we showed, and that's being reflected in the odds.

League position and pulling power counts for a lot.

Brighton earned 107.5 million from their league position and for being selected for TV on 14 occasions.
Leeds earned 138.6 million by finishing 9th and for being selected for television on 26 occasions.
Man City 153.9 million 25 TV appearances
Palace 116.3 million 15 tv appearances
Sheff U 91m and 10 TV appearances

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

Brighton earned 107.5 million from their league position and for being selected for TV on 14 occasions.
Leeds earned 138.6 million by finishing 9th and for being selected for television on 26 occasions.

Well done you. Do you want to buy Ben White for £138.6 million?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Where's that data from?

It's something I've been banging on about a bit on here - that TV plus actual table based prize money can effectively put a player transfer fee in the budget. However, thanks to Covid and BCD football weren't we ALL selected for 38 games this season? Or if that's Sky only don't BT Sport / Amazon get awarded per game?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here