Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Xmas TV Specials - The Verdicts

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Watched Wallander. That was good. Didn't see anything else but I can report that it was all shit.

Oh, watched The Wrong Mans. That was quite good.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
'Not Going out'.....I can't get enough of it, as Lee lives out my real life fantasy! :smile:
I saw the one which was a repeat of last year, in the haunted house and the one where he proposes and she says yes. Big mistake. The death of Frazier was when Niles got it together with Daphne.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We watched The Boy in the Dress earlier.

It was pretty good, but somewhat rushed when compared with the book.
Although it had all the written elements, for me it was all a bit superficial (spot the man trying not to say 'it had no depth'!)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Doctor Who - 8.5, best Christmas Special for years if not the best they've done.
Not Going Out - 7, have always loved this show and while the finale was mainly satisfying, considering the length of time this has been building up I thought the resolution was a bit easy.
Miranda - 3, very ropey. Staggering that she took nearly two years to come up with such a poorly scripted episode.

There was a script ?:facepalm:

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
I despair of this country that anyone thinks miranda is funny. It's scares me more than the staggering number of people who aren't utterly embarrassed to vote UKIP.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Miranda is dreadful. How did she get on in life? I first saw her in a small role in series 2 of Nighty Night and she was funny, doing other people's material.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Did Miranda jump around like a rabbit?Pull silly faces and fall over a lot?that is usual episode .
But of course, but X 2 as it was a Christmas Special.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Just watched episode one of Top Gear for the first time. I wish they showed less of that boring scenery and concentrated more on the completely spontaneous jokes and pranks! It amazes me why the hilarious Richard Hammond never became a comedian.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Just watched episode one of Top Gear for the first time. I wish they showed less of that boring scenery and concentrated more on the completely spontaneous jokes and pranks! It amazes me why the hilarious Richard Hammond never became a comedian.

I'm so old I can remember it when it was a programme about cars, mind you, I'm also old enough to remember when MTV played music rather than counting the number of pairs of white trainers that certain rappers had in their walk in wardrobes.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
We seem to be going through a renaissance of old school, deeply unfunny comedians in the UK. John Bishop, MM, Miranda, Lee Mack et al. Comedy swill.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
We seem to be going through a renaissance of old school, deeply unfunny comedians in the UK. John Bishop, MM, Miranda, Lee Mack et al. Comedy swill.
Why you miserable so and so! ………………………….. completely spot on though!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
"House of Fools" Christmas Special tonight.

I really want to like Vic and Bob but I'm afraid i have to stick my hand up and say that it is crap and mostly very unfunny. Matt Berry needs to bail out quick.

robinsonsgrin

Mar 16, 2009
LA...wishing it was devon..
I like the comedians I listen to on the many podcasts I download each week....from the older variety such as sandi toksvig, Jeremy hardy on the news quiz, hugh dennis on the now show to my new fav josh widdicombe. have to say that josh seems to have managed to acquire jobs for all his mates on all the shows that he frequents.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here