Xmas 2014 BOOZE deals

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Examples that I can remember:

Old Pulteney £31, reduced to £25, less 10% = £22.50
Abelour £32, reduced to £24, less 10% = £21.60

Didn't look at the Brandy.

Thanks again. You've selected two malts that I don't normally take a second look at, but I'm willing to be persuaded. Does the offer last until Saturday?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Really? It's pretty dry.

Cheap Prosecco is generally better than cheap Champagne. I generally don't think champagne is worth bothering with, you're better going English (Bolney Bubbly, Ridgeview, Nyetimber, etc.)

Nyetimber is lovely - but you pay for the privilege.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Thanks again. You've selected two malts that I don't normally take a second look at, but I'm willing to be persuaded. Does the offer last until Saturday?

Not sure to be honest. Going to take a look myself tomorrow. They are the two examples that stuck out, as I think they were the biggest reductions. I wouldn't personally recommend either - I prefer 'peaty/smoky' malts, which neither of these are.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Not sure to be honest. Going to take a look myself tomorrow. They are the two examples that stuck out, as I think they were the biggest reductions. I wouldn't personally recommend either - I prefer 'peaty/smoky' malts, which neither of these are.

Me too, although I find Laphroaig 10 masochistic, while their Quarter Cask and 15yo are delicious. Top tips include Bruichladdich (who have the greatest range of styles) and one a friend introduced me to recently called 'As You Like It'. I think he said he got it off Amazon. Never bought whisky from there before.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Me too, although I find Laphroaig 10 masochistic, while their Quarter Cask and 15yo are delicious. Top tips include Bruichladdich (who have the greatest range of styles) and one a friend introduced me to recently called 'As You Like It'. I think he said he got it off Amazon. Never bought whisky from there before.

Ah, if you are a Laphroaig man, try the Caoran (sp) Reserve. That's beautiful (and not ludicrously priced, either)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Really? It's pretty dry.

Cheap Prosecco is generally better than cheap Champagne. I generally don't think champagne is worth bothering with, you're better going English (Bolney Bubbly, Ridgeview, Nyetimber, etc.)

Trouble with the English champagne is that it's still expensive. I can't justify £25 + for a bottle of anything. I will be looking out for cheap Prosecco or Cava as there is no alternative for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here