Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Xbox 360 help needed.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Right, I've got the E 74 error on my xbox. I've tried unplugging everything and it hasn't worked. I don't really want to use the towel trick, is there any other way of getting it fixed or does it have to be sent off? Also, I have a game in there, how do I get this out?

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
On the plus side, my disk is alright. I'm just going to buy a new xbox as the warranty has run out so it'll cost me £62.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Any reason why you don't want to use the towel trick? On the two occasions i've tried it's worked fine afterwards.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
Any reason why you don't want to use the towel trick? On the two occasions i've tried it's worked fine afterwards.

if it worked why did you need to do it twice?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I had the "open tray" error for a long time - had to spend ages trying to load the disc. Followed some instructions on youtube, opened the fucker up, hoovered it out, cleaned and adjusted the laser, and bingo, works like a dream. Sounds like an earthquake when loading, but works like a dream nevertheless :D

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
I did eventually use the towel trick, I didn't really want to use it as it burns the solders inside making it worse. It is working for the moment, not sure how it will be tomorrow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here