Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Xavi Simons

Gonzo BHA

Sep 3, 2004
BN1
A couple of years ago he was being talked about as one of the hottest properties in world football. If anyone can get him to fulfil that potential then surely it will be RDZ.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
A couple of years ago he was being talked about as one of the hottest properties in world football. If anyone can get him to fulfil that potential then surely it will be RDZ.
Not with others offering double the wages.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Our only hope would be that he is willing to take a more patient, having already been at 2 "super clubs". Maybe, just maybe, he'd rather go somewhere that he's more likely to get regular starts.

Or maybe he'll take the massive weekly pay on offer elsewhere.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Have read interviews saying he wouldn’t be certain to accept PSG as he wants to play, hence joining PSV in the first place so would be interesting to see if he sticks to that

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I increasingly think our name is added to these lists as a way of putting the willies up big 6 and similar club directors (and the fans who pressure them into player purchases).

They want the club directors to think .... "if we're beaten to the signing by a little club like Brighton and he turn out to be magic we'll look silly. Quick let's up our offer"

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
I increasingly think our name is added to these lists as a way of putting the willies up big 6 and similar club directors (and the fans who pressure them into player purchases).

They want the club directors to think .... "if we're beaten to the signing by a little club like Brighton and he turn out to be magic we'll look silly. Quick let's up our offer"
I think its because we sold a load of players then didn't pìss all the cash away. It give the rumours modicum of believability.

Everton were linked with everyone where their owner was throwing money away.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Have I got this wrong, or doesn't that tweet just say that PSG, and only PSG, have an option that would get him for €6m?

If that's right and they don't take it up, won't he be PSV's player? Although we might have asked about his situation, once we got this answer, would we willing to pay what they'd ask? We've already spent £30m breaking our transfer record on an attacking midfielder this summer, and are still in need of a centre back, a goalkeeper, some full back cover and potentially a replacement for Caicedo. Moises would bring in a lot of money, but, if we weren't getting a bargain, would we splash a good part of it on another first eleven ready attacking midfielder? Previous evidence suggests that we'd be more likely to take a punt on three or four unknown South American teenagers who might be ready in a couple of years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here