Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WSU

Robert Codners Nostrils

Oct 12, 2004
NYC
The heart of the Albion? The roost? Anyone else get the impression that it probably won't be?! In fact, it will more than likely be a reflection of the West Stand at the Goldstone or blocks A-G at the Withers. Very quiet today. Old farts and prawn sarnies! After one game, I'm confident the North Stand will be making ALL the noise. But the WSU will be the first to complain about the atmosphere!

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Let's wait until the stadium is FULL and the game means something before making such comments? Loads of people weren't even in their own seats anyway.

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
I think you are wrong. North stand will probably be more vocal but WSU will also make plenty of noise. You can't make judgements on todays game.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Well I'm in the WSU and I only sat in the West Stand at The Goldstone once - the night Kurt Nogan started his great scoring record when the ball went in off his shin in that poxy lower league cup competition against Bournemouth (I think). I wasn't there today, by the way, so don't judge yet!

Robert Codners Nostrils

Oct 12, 2004
NYC
I think you are wrong. North stand will probably be more vocal but WSU will also make plenty of noise. You can't make judgements on todays game.

Why? The North Stand was 2/3 empty as well! It was a huge effort considering! Pretty sure the North Stand will lead the singing and the WSU will join in the occasional "seagulls!" and "albion!" when we get a corner. Just thought that given the hype surrounding the WSU they might have given a better account of themselves today. Maybe you're right though? Only time will tell ... maybe they'll get louder with time. But I very much doubt it!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Why? The North Stand was 2/3 empty as well! It was a huge effort considering! Pretty sure the North Stand will lead the singing and the WSU will join in the occasional "seagulls!" and "albion!" when we get a corner. Just thought that given the hype surrounding the WSU they might have given a better account of themselves today. Maybe you're right though? Only time will tell ... maybe they'll get louder with time. But I very much doubt it!
Have to agree with you. Once the novelty of the first dozen or so games wear off i can see the wsu being the moaning stand. The north was always going to be the vocal stand and that's why i choose it. Brilliant views don't interest me if there's no action.

Robert Codners Nostrils

Oct 12, 2004
NYC
Have to agree with you. Once the novelty of the first dozen or so games wear off i can see the wsu being the moaning stand. The north was always going to be the vocal stand and that's why i choose it. Brilliant views don't interest me if there's no action.

Absolutely. It's just a little cringe-worthy having all the old farts stating that the WSU is the place to be (the roost?!) when it clearly will be as quiet as the east stand. It will be just like the majority of the withdean south stand. Of course, people will say "give it time, you can't judge after one game!" We'll see though!

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
I think the north will sing throughout with the wsu joining in sometimes. Glad I chose the north. It will be good to have two stands singing their hearts out though, it can only lift the players to hear that noise.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
The north was always going to be the vocal stand and that's why i choose it.

How did you reach this decision prior to booking your season ticket, market research? NSC polls door to door canvassing?
Crazy claim.
If its not will you move?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
The view from the lower rows of Upper West seats (just above 1901) must be about THE best view in the stadium. Loved the chants from the North stand to the West and the West did respond with a fair bit of noise.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
How did you reach this decision prior to booking your season ticket, market research? NSC polls door to door canvassing?
Crazy claim.
If its not will you move?

Not my statement originally but why's that a crazy claim?

The club announced there would be a North Stand very early on & made it clear it would be the spiritual successor to its Goldstone namesake. At the time there was talk I think of the other stands being sponsored but they said the North would still be called just that.

Looking on a map, it's a stretch to say the stands have been named geographically... It's just been done in keeping with the club tradition.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Oh dear another pathetic my stands better than your stand thread

Exactly. What a complete load of shite. There was no one there and the majority were not in their own seats. Many I spoke to were not as beered up as usual cos of queues or waiting cos they wanted to savour the occasion. Plus it was a third full nothing friendly. I bet the humble pie over this won't taste as good as those sold at the AMEX!

bobby smith

Jan 20, 2011
WORTHING
Well I'm in the WSU and I only sat in the West Stand at The Goldstone once - the night Kurt Nogan started his great scoring record when the ball went in off his shin in that poxy lower league cup competition against Bournemouth (I think). I wasn't there today, by the way, so don't judge yet!

The Keeper kicked it out and hit Kurty on the leg and went in as i remember

matt_32510

Feb 7, 2011
Portslade
lets wait until the first proper game, the stands were more than half empty and I don't think most people were really bothered about the game. The first game I can see all the stands singing/chanting (except the away stand).

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
When i booked my season ticket i was stuck between WSU and North stand. After yesterday and yes the views are amazing in the WSU, i am slowly wishing i went in the north stand.

Overall i would much rather have atmosphere than the view. Time will tell....

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I can only echo how pathetic this and all the similar my stand is louder than yours are. You sound like a bunch of MORONS. Let's just worry about being better than the opposition across the board.

D

Deleted User X18H

West upper give us a song, west upper west upper give us a song!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here