Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] WSL Brighton Season ticket

brighton_dave

Apr 13, 2016
Does anyone have any ideas of there are any benefits of ladies season ticket when it comes to the priority window for the mens tickets.
I'm pretty certain there isn't but thought to see if anyone knows.
Thinking there would be an opportunity for the club to make a discounted add on or perhaps some WSL + MyAlbion bundle. May push the sales of the ladies tickets too.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
That would be reminiscent of the Fa cup tickets of yesteryear. go to a reserve game to get the cup ticket. Mass exodus ensued once people procured what they wanted. As I've stated before, the womens game is an ideal environment to introduce younger supporters to a more crowded area, without the added testosterone fueled atmosphere associated with the blokes games

brighton_dave

Apr 13, 2016
That would be reminiscent of the Fa cup tickets of yesteryear. go to a reserve game to get the cup ticket. Mass exodus ensued once people procured what they wanted. As I've stated before, the womens game is an ideal environment to introduce younger supporters to a more crowded area, without the added testosterone fueled atmosphere associated with the blokes games
I get that. We can only get to some of the mens games as daughter plays on a Saturday, hence the Sunday season ticket. Think there may be a price point where it could be done, but sure those more commercially savvy than me have already looked at it.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Why should there be a priority of mens tickets be given to a ST that is so much cheaper than a mens ST ?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Why should there be a priority of mens tickets be given to a ST that is so much cheaper than a mens ST ?
Depends how it's done, surely? A women's season ticket holder being given 50 points (an arbitrary figure as an example) would both make men's matches more accessible and encourage people to commit to the women's game.

brighton_dave

Apr 13, 2016
Priority for league games and thats it. The cost of a women's season ticket is more than the cost of general membership and I was thinking perhaps give an opinion to pay more on top for a general membership for. No suggestion of priority over season ticket holders. I was a season ticket holder back to the goldstone days, then for years at the Amex but had to give it up.
Seems we are a little way of a one club mentality.

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
Why should you get benefits from getting a wsl season ticket for the men’s team if so everyone would do it

brighton_dave

Apr 13, 2016
Why should you get benefits from getting a wsl season ticket for the men’s team if so everyone would do it
Would they?

£50.00 for a women's season ticket, add a bolt on my+ membership discounted at say £25.00 gives a total cost of £75.00.

My albion+ is £36.00. So all my albion + members will be happy to pay £75.00? I don't think so. The target market is Brigton WSL season ticket holders.

Just a consideration to drive sales of my albion+ to a customer base that might otherwise not purchase it.

We all have our own views I guess and as I say, those more commercially intelligent than me will no doubt have done the numbers.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Non starter, the awarding of points for attending Womens games and U23s has been raised previously at a Fans Forum (I think last season).
Treated as separate from the senior mens team, and I can't see this changing.

No doubt when our Ladies win the league and qualify for European football, those with a WSL ST will have priority, And those just with mens STs and loyalty points will just have to join the queue for tickets.

brighton_dave

Apr 13, 2016
Non starter, the awarding of points for attending Womens games and U23s has been raised previously at a Fans Forum (I think last season).
Treated as separate from the senior mens team, and I can't see this changing.

No doubt when our Ladies win the league and qualify for European football, those with a WSL ST will have priority, And those just with mens STs and loyalty points will just have to join the queue for tickets.
I'm not saying award points for ladies fixtures, but to offer a my albion+ as a discounted add on. The points will then be allocated in the usual manner, for any mens tickets purchased.
I don't see why this would upset those attending the mens fixtures tbh and it wouldn't stop non season ticket holders from buying them myalbion+. Unless there is something around not wanting too much association with ladies football.
It is just a discount on membership.
In fact you'd see more albion fans with the albion+ then competing for tickets against fans that are not actually fans of the Albion.
The amount of United + members buying tickets to support United last season was considerable.
I digress from the post and see it's a non starter based on the objections.
🏳️

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here