Writing to Players

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Actually, better idea, just tweet him, he'll certainly respond.

https://twitter.com/Jamiemurphy89?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Terry Conner was my favorite player when I was younger, I tweeted him recently and he replied with a stick man drawing of himself. I was chuffed.

I tweeted him to say thank you for signing the kids programme after the Reading match and he retweeted it - the boy went loopy with excitement that he was on Jamies twitter. He doesn't appear to be a major tweeter though but I could give it a go. I've given myself a couple of months so can give a number of options a go and hope for the best. I am not after anything like a shirt as that would be taking the mick, just a simple signature in a card and the boy will be over the moon.

I tweeted Paul Reid - he didn't respond. This made me sad

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
As someone not into music, I consider someone who has toured with and recorded with Queen a member of Queen. Some terrible faux pas on my part, I suppose.

Yes, I suppose it's the same when Billy Preston became a member of The Beatles...

You might consider him a member of Queen. Interesting that Queen didn't (they toured as ''Queen + Paul Rodgers").

In late 2004, after a successful live television performance, two of the four members of the British rock group Queen proposed a collaboration with Rodgers, in which he would sing lead vocals on a European tour. Rodgers thus joined Brian May and Roger Taylor (former bassist John Deacon retired in the late 1990s), with the group billed as Queen + Paul Rodgers and they subsequently toured worldwide in 2005 and 2006. The participants clearly stated, including on Brian May's own website, "that Rodgers would be "featured with" Queen as: "Queen + Paul Rodgers", not replacing the late Freddie Mercury".

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Tweet or speak to Tom Gorringe on twitter. Absolute top bloke.

Bit of an update and it looks like I have been successful thanks to your suggestion! Thank you :bowdown:

Tom is sorting something to get in the post to him - he is indeed an absolutely top guy and a credit to the club. I am now possibly the most excited for Christmas that I ever have been and all because the boy will have a card from Murphy :O

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The great and good of NSC,

Is writing to players still a thing?

My son (6 years old) is absolutely obsessed with Jamie Murphy. He saw his first game last year at home to Bolton and Jamie scored a great goal quite early on. As such my boy thinks he is brilliant. You may have seen him at the occasional game, he is the only child I have seen with Murphy on the back of their shirt.

So, I was thinking of writing to him with a Birthday card in there and asking whether he would sign it for the lad and send back (I will put in a Stamped envelope) It would genuinely make Christmas for him and is something I would hope they do. But I don't know whether it would just be a case of writing to the club at the stadium and putting Jamies name on it? Or is it a stupid idea?

I would try and grab him after a game but I don't get down to many and the boy is always with me so it would take the surprise away.

Cheers!

did exactly this last year for my daughter's birthday which is just before Christmas (Ok, she's significantly more than 6, but what the heck - I didn't tell them that) - sent cards + sae's to three players (none of them Jamie). No response at all.

Yes, separate cards to each player, sent to the Amex. All they had to do was open envelope, read brief but polite note, sign card, put in envelope and give to admin person to post. So it wasn't one thing getting 'lost in the post' - it was three. Let me make it clear I'm not complaining here - it happens, but it would have been fun for her (ok, me) to have seen cards from the players

I'm surprised.

I wrote to each of the Albion keepers last season, just addressed to 'Christian Walton, c/o BHAFC, etc' asking for a pair of old signed gloves to auction off, for my REMF fundraising (I was playing in goal in the match). Casper sent a pair through the post three days later. Walton sent me a DM through twitter and arranged to send a pair. Stockdale had already provided a prize through the main REMF auction so I didn't bother him.

I did the same years back, when I was looking for raffle prizes for the REMF 5-a-side tournament I was organizing. A speculative letter to 'Adam Vigo, c/o Celtic Football Club..' was rewarded with a signed shirt and nice note through the post. A similar letter to Michel Kuipers resulted in a phone call on my mobile when I was really stressed at work. I heard this really thick accent, thought it was a crappy sales call, and was milliseconds from hanging up, when I realised who it was. Gent.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I tweeted Paul Reid - he didn't respond. This made me sad

I replied to Bobby Zamora this week. He tweeted something from a conservation charity about fundraising for 'otter fencing'. I asked how they hold the swords with their tiny paws.

He also failed to respond. Disappointing.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I promise that this will be the last update!

They went a little above and beyond. A package arrived today addressed to the boy, in it was a really nice letter from Tom, a Christmas Card from Jamie ended 'Your Friend, Jamie' - Cue son going mental that he was called Jamies friend and...

they also popped in a signed Murphy shirt!

I will be completely honest - I got a little emotional as wasn't expecting such an incredible gesture from the club. Absolutely brilliant people the lot of them and put an insane smile on my sons face that hasn't left it since it arrived (apart from a few minutes after Brum scored). All in all it has been a pretty good day in terms of football as my old local side Bromley won 2-1 on BT Sport as well!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
The great and good of NSC,

Is writing to players still a thing?

My son (6 years old) is absolutely obsessed with Jamie Murphy. He saw his first game last year at home to Bolton and Jamie scored a great goal quite early on. As such my boy thinks he is brilliant. You may have seen him at the occasional game, he is the only child I have seen with Murphy on the back of their shirt.

So, I was thinking of writing to him with a Birthday card in there and asking whether he would sign it for the lad and send back (I will put in a Stamped envelope) It would genuinely make Christmas for him and is something I would hope they do. But I don't know whether it would just be a case of writing to the club at the stadium and putting Jamies name on it? Or is it a stupid idea?

I would try and grab him after a game but I don't get down to many and the boy is always with me so it would take the surprise away.

Cheers!

http://www.seagulls.co.uk/club/media/

For other non-matchday media enquiries it is best to email the club's media team using media@bhafc.co.uk. You may also call our media team number on 0344 324 6282.
Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/club/media/index.aspx#IXDdvHFxzYWLl2Et.99

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I promise that this will be the last update!

They went a little above and beyond. A package arrived today addressed to the boy, in it was a really nice letter from Tom, a Christmas Card from Jamie ended 'Your Friend, Jamie' - Cue son going mental that he was called Jamies friend and...

they also popped in a signed Murphy shirt!

I will be completely honest - I got a little emotional as wasn't expecting such an incredible gesture from the club. Absolutely brilliant people the lot of them and put an insane smile on my sons face that hasn't left it since it arrived (apart from a few minutes after Brum scored). All in all it has been a pretty good day in terms of football as my old local side Bromley won 2-1 on BT Sport as well!

Brilliant Happy Christmas

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Just sign it yourself.

Scribble "J Murphy 15" in the card and tell your son it was signed by Mr Murphy himself. Your lad will never know...

Until he sees a confused Murphy in person and excitedly offers his thanks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports