Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Writing off my expected promotion to the Premier League next season

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
After 3.5 years in charge, Gus had used our resources well to build a team that was good enough to get promoted. Can a new manager pick up the batom straight away? Maybe, but I'd be happily surprised. Relegation is probably extreme though.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Palace lost their 1st 3 matches last year ( I think ) and got promoted.

We are not starting from that position.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
no point writing us off yet the season has not even started yet we still got the rest of this month and the whole of July to get the right man in and players inn

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
I don't see how we can prepare for mid-table yet, we have a fantastic squad; a beautiful stadium; a state of the art academy being built and was just a few points off automatic promotion last season. The internal situation may have an affect on players, but if we bring in a fresh new manager who's excited about this club and exerts that enthusiasm for success on to the players, we could easily be champions if we get a left back and get the squad working in a way that's effective.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I don't see how we can prepare for mid-table yet, we have a fantastic squad; a beautiful stadium; a state of the art academy being built and was just a few points off automatic promotion last season. The internal situation may have an affect on players, but if we bring in a fresh new manager who's excited about this club and exerts that enthusiasm for success on to the players, we could easily be champions if we get a left back and get the squad working in a way that's effective.

A) in my book this division is stronger this year
B) there is time but so far our squad is only weaker
C) The table was so tight last year, a few more points dropped and we'd be not far above relegation.

No reason to be complacent about this season, a bad start and it could be very difficult, automatic promotion is a tall order at the best of times, the other end of the table is not impossible with the wrong manager.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Anyone who believes Tony Bloom will be looking for mere consolidation next season, needs to think again.

This is the man who has ploughed over £100 million into the club just on its infrastructure alone.

This is the man who dipped his hand into his pocket continuously during the 2nd Mickey Adams era to fund loan players left , right and centre to ensure survival in League 1.

This is the man who is guiding us into 21st century football business.....(whether we like it or not).

Does anyone really believe that he will allow the Albion to flounder next season, while Gus Poyet looks on with a...... "see ,I told you it was all down to me"..?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here