Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Wristwatches,do you wear one ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sadly I lost the one my dad gave me when we were arranging his funeral. Bizarre.

Twenty years ago I was given one of these (below) which I always wear. The watch is the same but my strap is a bit more special.

watch.JPG

Edit: This

m35355741498_1.jpg

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Yes always wear one, which one depends on occasion and mood. I’ve collected them over many years as a hobby mainly when it was relatively affordable.
EDEA622A-6F28-435C-8807-2F06FA73746A.jpeg

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Misses bought me 2 quite nice watches a few years ago, they haven't left the cupboard..

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I've always worn a watch, despite the phone etc. Its just more instant and natural to glance at your wrist - on the days when I occasionally forget to put it on, I reckon I glance at my "naked" wrist at least half a dozen times.

I have a lovely Gucci that my parents got me for my 21st which is still going strong, I often wear it when going out. I really do love skeleton watches though, I find seeing the exposed movement fascinating and satisfying. I have a really nice one at the moment, was only a hundred quid or so but keeps excellent time and I love seeing all the moving parts.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Sure do. Nothing fancy. I have a couple of cheapo Casio’s that I just like the look of and don’t have to look after too much. A Rotary with lots of dials etc and a nice brown leather strap that goes well with smart dress and a Storm, which is my favourite and has sentimental value so doesn’t get worn much.

Love a watch.

7C9C9B0E-EA28-45E4-AE16-78A90485FC4B.jpeg

I never bother getting the date window right and the rotary needs a new battery. As I say, nothing fancy but I like them.

Last edited:

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Always wear a Rolex datejust - on my 4th one since I was 18 . I part exchanged the first 2.

In Manhattan especially the upper east side , everyone looks at the watch you are wearing . Some people there will spend the same on a watch as a new BMW it’s crazy .

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I wear one occasionally. Got a few; inherited 3, bought 3, got given 2 as presents. Treated myself to a UN GMT +/- perpetual as a bit of retail therapy after a particularly intense period at work.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here