Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wrexham vs Brighton - Replay

wrecsam am byth 88

Jan 8, 2012
Hey there, Wrexham fan in peace here.

Just thought I'd post a message on here to see how many of you lot are making the long mid-week visit to The Racecourse Stadium next week?

I've just got home from queuing for a ridiculous amount of time, its an absolute pleasure to see so much money going into the tills, as much as this year has seen an end to the nightmare which started in 2003 when Pryce Griffiths sold to Alex Hamilton (start of red card protest etc), the hard work has only just begun, ex-owner Geoff Moss and Ian Roberts have left us with ugly student flats behind our main stand (which at the time promised to result in a debt free club) and left a massive black hole which means the hard work starts now.

Even the majority of our FA Cup money is going to Ian Roberts as part of the agreement of the takeover, absolute scum, so anything we make in terms of ticket sales and what not is massive.

Since the closure of our kop end, and the dozens (roll eyes) of away fans in the BSP, away fans now have the upper tier of the side stand, there is about 500 seats available there and you have them.

our 'kop' is now the away end which you was in, in 2003.

I wish you all the very best, aside from financially a trip down the road to Manchester, Birmingham or Liverpool, Brighton was the next best fixture for us.

I still have my fans united scarf.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Quite a few less than originally were going now it's on telly I'd guess!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I love the view from your Kop, you've got a lovely ground btw,i always enjoyed watching a game there!

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I'd be amazed if we had more than a couple of hundred, late notice + on telly.

Glad it's on telly so you get some money in though.

Train Spotter

Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I'd be amazed if we had more than a couple of hundred, late notice + on telly.

Glad it's on telly so you get some money in though.

Should make over 200. There's quite a few based in Manchester which I met en route to FC Utd replay last season.
Had 249 at that game, but quite a few of them were Bury/Rochdale/Oldham fans !!

zego

Jul 10, 2003
Hey there, Wrexham fan in peace here.

= = = = = =
Since the closure of our kop end, and the dozens (roll eyes) of away fans in the BSP, away fans now have the upper tier of the side stand, there is about 500 seats available there and you have them.
= = = = = =

Wikipedia says:

"The Racecourse presently has a capacity of approximately 10,500 all-seated ..."

As this is a Cup game, don't away fans get a bigger allowance than for League games?

FACup Regs says:

"21. DISTRIBUTION OF TICKETS
(a) All Rounds Preceding the Semi-Finals
In all matches preceding the Semi-Finals, the Visiting Club shall have the right to claim up
to 15% of all accommodation for which tickets are issued providing these tickets are in a
fully segregated area, and subject to the following regulations:
(i) The request for tickets shall be made within two days of the draw."
etc,etc ...

Full details in:
http://www.thefa.com/~/media/776FDC2C663A48568FC3688FA667463A.ashx/01%20FAC%20rules%202009-2010%20_blue_.pdf

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
There won't be many there

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
We could have 1500 tickets :lolol: We'll take 150-200, maybe a touch more because of the romance, how many did we get up at FCUM last year?

Stu1

Sep 21, 2004
Leeds
Does anyone know if we would get kept back ( I would imagine it's unlikely) last train to
Manchester is at 22.15

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Although we have the 5th biggest away following in the championship i don't see us taking many:D
1,To far for mid-week game
2,Gus may put the kids out

All in all i still think we'll take 500:)

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Even the majority of our FA Cup money is going to Ian Roberts as part of the agreement of the takeover, absolute scum, so anything we make in terms of ticket sales and what not is massive.

Will you get to keep the money from the game being televised or will that go to Roberts too?

wrecsam am byth 88

Jan 8, 2012
Will you get to keep the money from the game being televised or will that go to Roberts too?

I hear Ian Roberts has had now what he was entitled to as part of the agreement of ownership going to the WST, absolute scum bag, and I am a bit dissapointed in ITV too, Birmingham vs Wolves before our game looked really dull, and in a half empty St.Andrews, and what do ITV do? Televise the reply, wankers. Being on s4c and a Welsh channel we won't get the full £60,000, but some money, s4c asked for permission to show our round 1 game vs Cambridge on it and did so, so when ESPN and ITV ignored our romantic tie of the replays s4c stepped in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here