Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wrexham Report

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Quite an amazing day yesterday.

We arrived in Wrexham at around 1pm and headed to 'Spoons to meet the others.

Unfortuantly there were a few Bristol City muppets in there who didn't like the Brighton shirts and were looking for a fight.

We made our exit and headed for The Turf (I think) but on the way bumped into the Sky Sports people. They interviewed a few of us and we held out the Wrexham banner we took to Cardiff.

As we walked towards the ground plenty of cars beeped at us and loads of people shook our hands. The Turf was full though so we decided to head for the ground.

One steward wouldn't let us in - thinking we were away fans :eek: althougth another quickly put her straight.

The stewards were fantastic and helped us put the banner out. We put it on some blank advertising hoarding so the TV Cameras would catch it. One steward even gave us a fiver to buy some coffee.

The local TV interviewed us pitchside for their Soccer Night on Thursday. We also held up a Wrexham/brighton banner - seen on The Championship this morning.

Before the game started the P.A. asked the Wrexham fans to give us a clap and we recieved a standing ovation and "We Love You Brighton We Do" - which was nice. :jester:

During the game there were quite a few "We Love You Brighton" chants although the Bristol City fans weren't so gracious - "F*ck Off Brighton, F*ck Off Brighton" - so we gave them a wave and the Wrexham fans drowned them out with some more - "We Love You Brighton". :D

Biscuit decided to sing "Wrexham - Passion Like Fire" :jester:, we had a round of "Sussex By the Sea" and "Drinking Pints of Whisky".

The terracing end to our right (The Kop?) then started singing, "Brighton Give Us a Wave". Quite embarrasing standing up and waving back. :jester: They gave us a big cheer.

My phone buzzed - News from Withdean? All excited... "Still 0-0. Yorkie"... Cheers... :jester:

The stewards asked us to walk the banner around the ground at half time. It was a crazy expirience. 10k (ignore the official attendance - it lies!) thousand people on their feet clapping us, shaking our hands and taking photos.

Then the Bristol City end - expected a load of abuse! A bit of booing as we got close - here we go... :rolleyes:... However, the vast majority all stood up and clapped to! :clap: A few idiots giving us some abuse! The far end of City fans had a cluster who obviously didn't like us. They started the "F*ck Off Bton" again but the Wrexham fans reacted with a huge chorus of "We Love You Brighton". Then round to the terracing and a huge swell of people pushing towards the front giving us a huge cheer. They were pretty much on the pitch mobbing us! :lolol: Shook loads of hands, swapped scarfs with a Telford fan!

We were offered more money by Wrexham fans for half time Coffee etc! We were treated like royalty! Shook loads of hands. Saw loads of shirts - Man City, Darlington, Stockport, Plymouth etc.

Second half much the same. The Bristol City fans sang - "Feed The Welsh, Let Them Know Its Christmas Time". We tried to conceal our smiles! English/Welsh banter. They sang "Stand Up If You Hate England". Some of the BHA did - can't remember names. I pulled them down to their seats! Goons. A bit of banter around us and then more "We Love You Brighton", "Stand Up If you Love Brighton"/"Wrexham".

We tried "Stand Up if You Want Falmer" but I don't think they knew what we were on about. A few did though! Spotted a Falmer banner in the terracing made by the Wrexham fans.

We got up a few minutes before the end - Hiney had his wife and kids waiting at home! - to leave and as we walked towards the exits everyone rose to clap us and sing some more "We Love You Brighton"!!

So much to take in. Amazing Day. Wrexham fans were awesome.

Hove&Albion F.C

May 15, 2004
sounded superb. :clap:

congrats to everyone that went. brighton fans = best in the land!

would definately have had a cheeky smile on my face walking past the bristol city fans at half time had i been there though! :lolol:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
They picked the right day to go too, they missed nothing on the pitch down here.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Well done you lot. sounds like you had a good day. Should have added Champoinship team to the banner though :lolol:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
A bristol fan threw a cup of tea at Hineys head! It just missed! :lolol:

Rockin Robin

May 25, 2004
Wrexham
It was great to see you all and I hope you felt welcome :wave:

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Well done all that went you not only did Brighton proud, you did football proud.

Fans United will never be beaten :clap2:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
StephenWrexhamFc said:
I didn't hear the Bristol muppets singing those songs.
Some of them didn't enter the spirit of things did they!

It was great to hear our crowd put aside some of their moronic chants for one game as well :clap2:

:clap2:

Thanks for looking after us so well!

When the Brizzle chanted what they did, it was nice to hear an erruption of "We love you Brighton" from several thousand home fans.

I will never forget that day.

Also massive shout to Richie M and Yorkie et all. You raised a HUGE amount of money for the Wrexham cause. Rumour has it, should the racecourse be secured, a statue of Richie will be errected outside.. :lolol:

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Turkey .... great report mate and a brilliant day .... sorry I didn't see your report when I posted mine otherwise I would have added it to your thread

Hiney: let's see the pix!!!!

:lolol:

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Turkey said:
We got up a few minutes before the end - Hiney had his wife and kids waiting at home! - to leave and as we walked towards the exits everyone rose to clap us and sing some more "We Love You Brighton"!!

Indeed we did.

We made our exit from the ground, got into the car and within 30 seconds were approaching the roundabout onto the main road.

Brilliant

then .....................

"SHIT - where's my bag - i think i left it by my seat. Ian, can you go back please"

40 minutes later having waited in the traffic outside The Racecourse, Turkey returned - still without his bag.

We then made another effort to get on the road when Turkey came up with the classic:

"Maybe I didn't bring a bag after all"

Marvellous

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Well done y'all. I wish I'd had time to go up. Withdean was a depressing experience yesterday. I only put it down to my poncho that I haven't got a streaming cold today (and to the pint of Master Brew that I had at lunchtime). As others have said, any pictures? Yorkie, did my fiver stay dry? That was a sterling effort by you. Did Ned buy you a nice :drink: to help you dry out? Best of wishes to Wrexham in your battle. Wrexham Supporters' Trust:clap: :clap2: Hamilton:salute:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here