Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wrexham Fighting Fund - Good on you Robbie Savage

StephenWrexhamFc

May 24, 2004
Gwersyllt near Wrexham
Wrexham Fighting Fund

If this comes off I'll be delighted!

The biggest party in Wrexham's history if we can beat this chump Hamilton.

I was thinking the other day that when all this is settled and if we get our club back we need one big massive piss up!

I would be up for a pub crawl in Brighton :)

This message was on Red Passion before posted by "Left Foot" It sounds like someone fairly close to the club.

Wrexham Fighting Fund
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alex Hamilton would like nothing better than to see Wrexham FC put into liquidation by the Inland Revenue in 11 days time.
The grapevine is a marvellous thing, as is the power of the internet, obviously, because it had been my intention to promote the Wrexham Fighting Fund on Monday when the bank account will be up and running.

As the Daily Post reports today Carroll Clark, who happens to be chairman of the Wrexham Official Supporters Association but is working with me on a totally non-partisan basis, has officially launched a campaign to come up with the £900,000 that the taxman is owed,
The easiest answer is for 900 committed fans to stump up £1,000 each and the initial response has been fantastic.

I'm told that Robbie Savage has been true to his word and is sending his cheque as we speak and the club's other well-wishers will no doubt be encouraged and spurred into action by the fact that Chester businessman, Geoff Moss, whose two sons are members of the Racecourse School of Excellence, told me: "Put me down for £5,000."

My own £1,000 investment, together with just two phone calls, therefore elicited £7,000, leaving a mere £893,000 to go. I have no doubt that others will follow our example and Wrexham FC director Dave Bennett confirmed last night he had also received similar £1,000 pledges from concerned supporters.

Payment of the Inland Revenue demand, due to be heard in the High Court on November 17, will not only get them off the club's back in the short-term, it will make it easier for WST or any other bidder for the club to meet Hamilton's demands for a 'healthy' return on his investment in Wrexham FC, which he claims has been in the region of £2m.

I understand WST tabled a £2m bid, conditional on Hamilton paying all the outstanding debts.
Much though it grieves me to get him off the hook by paying the taxman and keeping the club in business for another few months, Hamilton would find it difficult to justify any refusal to accept a near £1m profit from his speculative venture and our joint efforts would perhaps strengthen any moves by the Wrexham Council to consider a compulsory purchase order in respect of the stadium, should that prove necessary.

Quite clearly I recognise that many board users are not able to come up immediately with £1,00 in cash. But desperate times require desperate remedies, so if you can work in a group, either at work or in the pub or your local amateur football club, school or college, all donations will be gratefully received and, where possible, acknowledged.

Credit cards are acceptable and on-line bank Cahoot is currently offering interest-free personal loans of six months duration for suitable applicants.
Hell, anyone knows that debt is fashionable at the moment and, let's face it, £1,000 nowadays equates to 10 pints of beer a week. WST was started on the basis of a beer a week, but that's inflation for you in Hamilton's world.
But remember time is of the essence now.

Get on board, show him that actions speak louder than words and demonstrate that his best efforts to drive Wrexham FC out of business will be resisted so robustly that his avarice is exposed once and for all.

Cheques payable to 'Wrexham Fighting Fund' can be sent to Carroll Clark at 4, Lyndale Grove, Wrexham LL12 8DQ and he is also willing to field your calls on 01978 266602.
Details of the fighting fund's bank account will be posted asap on Monday so that football fans elsewhere around the country and further afield can also their contribution.
The doomsday clock is ticking - don't let the bastard grind us down!

:drink: :drink:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Good on you Robbie Savage

This is hard for me to say as I hate the bloke but to be fair to him he knows what football is all about.
He has pledged £10,000 to the Wrexham campaign which is probably not even half a weeks wages to him but it is massive to the Wrexham fans.

Nice one Robbie :thumbsup: :clap: :clap2: :clap: :clap2:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Great news. Now if all Welsh players could follow suit. Nathan?

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Did he play for Wrexham?

StephenWrexhamFc

May 24, 2004
Gwersyllt near Wrexham
Just to add to this post there is a lot of confusion going around this "Fighting Fund" as it could conflict with what the Wrexham Supporters Trust are currently doing.

There has been a bit of tension in the past (understatement) between some people so for now I would concentrate on giving money to the Supporters Trust as they have made a proper bid to Hamilton and I presume would look at ways to pay off the Revenue also!

So basically ignore the first message, it was very late in the day (early morning if you like) and I assumed this was all done with the co-operation of people in the Wrexham Supporters Trust.

It appears now that this fund has been set up without the knowledge of the Wrexham Supporters Trust which makes it difficult and complicated as it could split the fanbase again :(

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Well done Robbie, I get sick of people slagfging him off. he's a hero, both on and off the pitch. :clap2: :salute: :salute:

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
I have always admired Robbie Savage - one of a kind and as honest as a day!

Well done

:clap2:

StephenWrexhamFc said:
Just to add to this post there is a lot of confusion going around this "Fighting Fund" as it could conflict with what the Wrexham Supporters Trust are currently doing.

There has been a bit of tension in the past (understatement) between some people so for now I would concentrate on giving money to the Supporters Trust as they have made a proper bid to Hamilton and I presume would look at ways to pay off the Revenue also!

So basically ignore the first message, it was very late in the day (early morning if you like) and I assumed this was all done with the co-operation of people in the Wrexham Supporters Trust.

It appears now that this fund has been set up without the knowledge of the Wrexham Supporters Trust which makes it difficult and complicated as it could split the fanbase again :(
The one big lesson we all learned from the Albion campaigning in the mid nineties was that "Football UNITED will never be defeated". That included our own fans.

And a motley bunch we made - I guess there was little natural affinity between many elements of the campaign. But we were all working for the same cause.

Just because some fans do something "without the knowledge" of others doesn't mean that they shouldn't be doing it. In fact the campaign can only build momentum if people get off their backsides and do something, anything.

All it needs is for the WST and the Fighting Fund to see this and they'll be stronger. Start squabbling and everyone will lose.

From Build A Bonfire:-

Ten handy hints to get rid of your club chairman

2. Unite the wide range of supporters into a broad alliance with a broad leadership. The talents of the most vociferous supporters and the usually silent seated season-ticket-holder are equally valuable.

5. Allow imaginitive ideas ... to develop from all sections of the support ...

10. Never give up. Be brave ...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here