Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wrexham - an absolute credit to football (merged)

TerryT

Jun 14, 2011
Spot the Fleetwood fan who registered to make his 1st post to say this... lol

Best of luck Brighton hope you do well against newcatle and do your fans proud . as im 100% happy with our teams performance tonight and am one very strangley happy PROUD Wrexham fan tonight.

So you should be mate, your team and supporter are a credit to football

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
really can't understand this love in for wrexham. they did a couple of shocking tackles, plenty of professional fouls as well as mouthing off to the chubby ref.we were pony tonight, anyone could have done us over and they didnt take advantage. so you stick your 'credit where credit is due' up your arses, i couldnt care less about that filthy welsh lot. we won now lets move on.

22:47 - Does your parents know you're on the internet at this time of night?

Martin-WrexhamFan

Jan 19, 2012
I went to the game at AMEX on 7th Jan., a great atmosphere, a pleasure to be there... was able to watch tonight's in a pub in Canterbury - I say an evenly contested game - it was a well taken equaliser... just the right side of the post, eh?
So, do Wrexham and fans utd proud by stuffing Newky next round?

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
after everything that has gone on recently about tackling in the media and you come up with that?! ???

you simply cannot tackle like that in football these days. the first one could have been a leg breaker.the rules are the rules and the ref did not apply them. Wrexham got away with a fair few things tonight for simply being 'plucky underdogs'.

correct although beware a bozza warning for daring to post even a potentially anti wrexham post

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Played extremely well, fast football, great passing, they looked the better team but guess that's how football works sometimes.

Great support home and away and good luck to them in the BSP. Also hope the guy strechered off on oxygen was ok- ESPN inexplicably didn't show a single replay so we had no idea what was wrong.

it was cos his arm was bent the wrong way round pre watershed - nasty

CrazyChrisWxm

Jan 11, 2012
really can't understand this love in for wrexham. they did a couple of shocking tackles, plenty of professional fouls as well as mouthing off to the chubby ref.we were pony tonight, anyone could have done us over and they didnt take advantage. so you stick your 'credit where credit is due' up your arses, i couldnt care less about that filthy welsh lot. we won now lets move on.

You obviously wasn't at The Turf before the match,two sets of fans,drinking,chatting and having a singalong together/at each other.No signs of trouble,a rarity in football these days and a joy to see.Fantastic support,you deserve any success you get.Hope to see you up here again soon,Chris.

Marcus

Jan 2, 2011
Hastings
An absolute credit to the Welsh and British game as a whole. Although I am half-Welsh I still had to back Brighton to win although it felt awkward!. Pleased we won but were very lucky and you would have deserved it more if you won.

Our penalties were brilliant and the guy who missed was just unlucky he picked the wrong direction. With us each one was skill, although in the 120 mins we were lucky to get to the shootout.

So Wrexham, the second best team in Wales did themselves proud also, playing the way they played tonight gives me no wonder whatsoever why they are top of the Blue Square National and continued this after Dean Saunders departed for Donny.

See you on The Football League Show next season Wrexham and hope to play you again in the future, not only tonight did you do yourselves and Wales proud including yourselves, but also in the first game of the tie.

Good luck, and don't come back to the Football League without that trophy!.

Marcus

Jan 2, 2011
Hastings
Anyways, after that lucky escape, I'm going to the Newcastle game when the tickets go on sale!. Onwards and upwards for the Albion.

People generally underrate teams who are top of the conference and that is what happened by both our players and some of our fans in the case of Wrexham. History has shown that these teams tend to do pretty well when they get promoted to the football league so it does not come as a great surprise that we were mostly outplayed last night on a bumpy pitch when they certainly showed far more commitment and intent.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Having gone to the home game, there was just a corking atmosphere around the place all day. In the city and at the ground, there were loads of Wrexham fans, singing, having a beer, but also wanting to talk about football and the cup game. Decent, knowledgeable football fans who seemed genuinely excited at a day out that wasn't Kidderminster or Gateshead or Luton, who were prepared to be complimentary about us and our stadium unlike fans of teams like Southampton who (ludicrously) display their bitterness by telling everyone it's ugly and unfinished. After the match, hundreds of them came into the North and West Stand bars to share a drink, and sing loudly long into the evening, which made for a fantastic atmosphere around the place. It just felt to me what football should be like, as opposed to a bunch of tubby old men in their forties and fifties giving it large and screaming "fackin cants" at every passing fan of the opposition & doing that pretend "hold me back" thing to imply the only thing preventing the opposition from getting a shoeing is the lone nearby steward.

Yes, I suppose some of it comes from the fact there's no obvious on-field rivalry at this stage, but also because they're one of those clubs that have been through as much shit, in different ways, as we have, so there's a shared empathy to some extent.

I wish them all the luck in the world...let's face it, any team that keep Luton Town down in the conference and lessen the chances of ever having to visit Kenilworth Road again are always welcome.
Great post Edna. Pleased to get through obviously, but I don't know what you coppers call the equivalent of a 'daylight robbery' when it happens at night time - but that game was one of them.

And just to piss off the "I don't get all this love-in bollocks" posters a bit more I too will be looking out for Wrexham's results every week and hoping they get back in the league.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Wrexham performed fantastically well over 210 minutes of football against us, a well regarded Championship team with £1m+ players. Yes they displayed the guts and commitment you'd expect from a team playing in 'their Cup Final' but they brought so much more to the tie too.

To the naysayers on this thread - do one please. Start a "I don't get this thing with Wrexham" thread if you really must.

Allow those who are able to proceed through their football supporting lives giving credit where it is due, to praise Wrexham, thank them for their contribution to BHA's FA Cup excitement this year, and wish them the best for their future.

2 weeks ago I couldn't have told you where Wrexham were in the Conference - now I'll be looking out each and every week and willing them back into the Football League.

Well done Wrexham, and the very, very best of luck.

This.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
The challenge on Vincelot was deserving of a red card, they were a bit dirty but I don't think the challenges were malicious, just clumsy...

Bayside

Jan 19, 2012
I've chewed off all my fingernails. Yes, it was tense and I'm glad we won through. I have some sympathy for Wrexham but, at the end of the day, it is Brighton that has a home tie in the 4th round against Newcastle. Yes, if we play like we did against Wrexham I suspect we will get an absolute spanking, but hey ho, that's football!

The ref let a lot go. None more so than the constant fouling of Cieslewicz!! He was battering you down that side all game and all you had was to haul him down, with not one booking for any of the fouls. I remember Sparrow got away with one after 10 mins when he was clean through at your back 4 (it was blatant). I don't believe that either tackles by WAFC players were a red card at all, but plenty of Brighton tackles went unpunished in terms of bookings.

Aside from that, it was a great game and atmosphere. Wrexham fans, players and staff were a credit to their club and town tonight. We'll be back in the Football League playing again soon.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
If someone like Wayne Rooney or John Terry had behaved like Andy Morrell did last night, there would be a 5 page character assasination on here. His constant haranguining (sic?) of the referee, not to mention his diving, was a disgrace. Am I right in thinking he didn't even get booked? Great goal though.

Other than him, Wrexham looked the business. That's what winning games week in, week out does for you. Obeng looked mustard. Sign him up!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If someone like Wayne Rooney or John Terry had behaved like Andy Morrell did last night, there would be a 5 page character assasination on here. His constant haranguining (sic?) of the referee, not to mention his diving, was a disgrace. Am I right in thinking he didn't even get booked? Great goal though.

Other than him, Wrexham looked the business. That's what winning games week in, week out does for you. Obeng looked mustard. Sign him up!
Agree with this.

But good luck Wrexham, hope to see them back in the league soon. Apart from anything else, do we really need another NODDY team from Lancashire? No. And although Luton might have some proper fans supporting a proper football club (like Wrexham), their continuing non-league status is frightfully FUNNY. So it's Wrexham for me please.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Your total ignorance of the situation means you really ought to clear off and maybe not come back until you have formed a dignity gene. You can take your boyfriend Marshy68 with you.

Pair of muppets.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I've not really thought of Wrexham as a non-league side in the first place, so assuming they play like that for the rest of the season, they'll be back in the league no problems next season. Good luck to them for the rest of the season.

Marvellous effort, but Luton debacle aside, we are the penalty shootout Kings. :cool:

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne

:facepalm:.......... You really are a nasty piece of work

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here