Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wrexham - an absolute credit to football (merged)

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Wrexham are a credit to the Conference & will grace League 2 next season. Their fans are a great bunch as well.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Great performance from the boys in red today. They must feel very hard done by not getting a result.
Best of luck to them for the rest of the season, would be brilliant to see them back in the Football League where they belong.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Indeed it was a great performance by Wrexham who fully deserved a win....some great performances by Morrell, Cieslewicz and Little amongst others, hope to see you back in the FL sooner rather than later :thumbsup:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
To be honest tonight has put me off Wrexham a bit. Obeng and Harris' diving was embarasing and Morrell's constant yelling at the ref was a joke, how he was let off without a card I don't know.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
We won but if there is any solace to be taken in defeat then Wrexham should be helping themselves like Warren Aspinall at an all-you-can-eat buffet.

Magnificent performance from them: so many lower division teams try and kick and scrap their way to a result but Wrexham passed and ran and performed with bucketloads of class. I feel like we mugged them tbh and hopefully as mentioned above they'll now concentrate on the day job, taking all the confidence for it that they'll need from a great cup run.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
To be honest tonight has put me off Wrexham a bit. Obeng and Harris' diving was embarasing and Morrell's constant yelling at the ref was a joke, how he was let off without a card I don't know.

For an old boy, lol, I thought Morrell was outstanding, and scored a cracking goal. He play's the game with passion, and a couple of times tonight a few of our players really didn't look like they wanted to be there, be he wanted to be involved in everything.

I thought the ref was going to book him in his last rant, but I think he heard from the lino that they were planning on subbing him, so the ref kept the card in his pocket.

There were a couple of Wrexham players that looked like they would just slot into our team at the moment, and they should trounce the Conference if they play like that every week!

And don't forget in the replay, that was almost the first team that beat Bristol City on Saturday :ohmy:

Phoenix Arrow

Mitoma Enthusiast
Aug 18, 2009
Sverige
I've always liked Wrexham. No idea why really, just seem like a pleasant club full of people who support their local club and just like watching football, unlike certain scrubby teams in West Sussex.

If they won that game, I don't I'd have minded. They deserved a big match against Newcastle and they could've used the money. Best of luck getting promoted as well as with sorting out your financial worries.

Wrexham should be helping themselves like Warren Aspinall at an all-you-can-eat buffet.
:lolol:

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
Just to add, very well played Wrexham!

Did your homework, never stopped running, closed us down and had some great chances, you could have won it except we had Brez in goal. Best of luck this season in earning your return to the League.

footychick

Nicola
Dec 8, 2005
Soham, United Kingdom
Congratulations Brighton - I hope you go on to win the cup.

In some ways I am happy we are out because we need to concentrate on getting back into the Football League.

I must say it makes a refreshing change to hear two sets of fans complement each other as Wrexham/Brighton have.

Good Luck to you in the cup and your new ground.:lolol:
:thumbsup:

tweenster

Oct 16, 2009
Lincoln
I've chewed off all my fingernails. Yes, it was tense and I'm glad we won through. I have some sympathy for Wrexham but, at the end of the day, it is Brighton that has a home tie in the 4th round against Newcastle. Yes, if we play like we did against Wrexham I suspect we will get an absolute spanking, but hey ho, that's football!

Jan 18, 2012
really can't understand this love in for wrexham. they did a couple of shocking tackles, plenty of professional fouls as well as mouthing off to the chubby ref.we were pony tonight, anyone could have done us over and they didnt take advantage. so you stick your 'credit where credit is due' up your arses, i couldnt care less about that filthy welsh lot. we won now lets move on.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
job done. I can respect and admire other teams but can't like or support anyone else but the Albion.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
lets face it they deserved to win they created more chances and were actually up for it. we were very poor in comparision but thats football roll on the next round

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
really can't understand this love in for wrexham. they did a couple of shocking tackles, plenty of professional fouls as well as mouthing off to the chubby ref.we were pony tonight, anyone could have done us over and they didnt take advantage. so you stick your 'credit where credit is due' up your arses, i couldnt care less about that filthy welsh lot. we won now lets move on.

Typical newbie :facepalm:

Wxm_4Eva

Jan 6, 2012

Spot the Fleetwood fan who registered to make his 1st post to say this... lol

Best of luck Brighton hope you do well against newcatle and do your fans proud . as im 100% happy with our teams performance tonight and am one very strangley happy PROUD Wrexham fan tonight.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
don't get all this patronising...........would they perform like that through a full Championship season, don't think so.....they've had their five minutes of fame, let us get on with it and please Gus, get some reinforcements in !!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Wrexham were superb tonight, they should be very proud of that performance. If they can maintain that in the conference a well deserved return to league football seems inevitable.

Delighted we are through though as the cup is a very worthwhile pursuit for us this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here