WrestleMania XXIV

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Interesting. Are they boxing or wrestling? Who do you reckon will win?

They haven't made clear exactly what it is, probably some kind of mix between the two with wrestling moves allowed but with rounds and counts when someone goes down would be my guess.

As for the winner, Mayweather. There's a lot of publicity on this, and he wouldn't be doing it if he were going to lose. If it were a real fight, I suspect Big Show's size advantage would see him batter Floyd.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Interesting. Are they boxing or wrestling? Who do you reckon will win?

mayweather will win - there is no way that he is going to lose his first fight ever to the big show, no matter how much he is being paid

Albion Edd

Brighton til die
Jul 5, 2003
Patcham
Here are the matches

Triple H Vs John Cena Vs Randy Orton (Come on Cena or Triple H)
World Heavyweight Champion Edge vs. Undertaker (Come on The Taker)
Floyd "Money" Mayweather vs. Big Show (Come ON Big Show)
Ric Flair vs. Shawn Michaels (Career Threatening Match) (Come On HBK)
Money in the Bank Ladder Match
SmackDown vs. Raw: Batista vs. Umaga (Come on Batista)
24-Man Battle Royal - Winner faces ECW Champion
Finlay vs. JBL - Belfast Brawl (hate both these wrestlers so dont care who wins)
BunnyMania Lumberjack Match: Ashley & Maria vs. The Glamazon & Melina (Come ON Ashley & Maria)

Can't belive Flairs still wrestling, he must be about 80 by now.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
As for the winner, Mayweather. There's a lot of publicity on this, and he wouldn't be doing it if he were going to lose. If it were a real fight, I suspect Big Show's size advantage would see him batter Floyd.

spot on - when mayweather was BATTERING him at no way out and gave big show a legitimate broken nose, show just stood up and chased him out. throw in the fact that the other week big show lifted him up and just threw him out of the ring like a rag doll, then in a legitimate fight i think there would only be one winner

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
My Predictions:

Randy Orton (Champion) vs. John Cena vs. Triple H (WWE Championship) - Triple H

Edge (Champion) vs. The Undertaker (World Heavyweight Championship) - The Undertaker

Floyd Mayweather vs. The Big Show - Floyd Mayweather

Ric Flair vs. Shawn Michaels - Shawn Michaels

MVP vs. Chris Jericho vs. Carlito vs. John Morrison vs. CM Punk vs. Mr. Kennedy vs. Shelton Benjamin (MITB Ladder Match) - Mr. Kennedy

24-Man Battle Royal - Kane or Mark Henry

Finlay vs. JBL (Belfast Brawl) - Finlay

Batista vs. Umaga - Batista

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Unfortunately I agree. Dont know how they are going to do it though. It will have to involve some kind of cheating I assume.

wwe.com says that the rules are simple:

- There must be a winner
- Fight can only be decided by pinfall, submission or KO.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Can't belive Flairs still wrestling, he must be about 80 by now.

he gambled all his money away apparently, so had to keep wrestling to try and get some income

would be very very suprised if tomorrow wasnt his last match

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
wwe.com says that the rules are simple:

- There must be a winner
- Fight can only be decided by pinfall, submission or KO.

Hmm, no count out then. I thought that would be the most likely scenario. How the hell are they going to make a pinfall, submission or knock out look realistic then??! I won't be easy unless a 3rd party is involved.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
My Predictions:

Randy Orton (Champion) vs. John Cena vs. Triple H (WWE Championship) - Triple H

Edge (Champion) vs. The Undertaker (World Heavyweight Championship) - The Undertaker

Floyd Mayweather vs. The Big Show - Floyd Mayweather

Ric Flair vs. Shawn Michaels - Shawn Michaels

MVP vs. Chris Jericho vs. Carlito vs. John Morrison vs. CM Punk vs. Mr. Kennedy vs. Shelton Benjamin (MITB Ladder Match) - Mr. Kennedy

24-Man Battle Royal - Kane or Mark Henry

Finlay vs. JBL (Belfast Brawl) - Finlay

id go with all of that - think kane will win the battle royal, as his character has done f*** ALL for years now, and a run as ecw champion would get a bit of interest in the brand and could be a springboard for him

not sure about money in the bank, im hoping that mvp wins it but reckon after last year kennedy will get it. should be a classic this year, morrison and benjamin are always entertaining in terms of high risk. just a shame jeff hardy decided to go back to his old ways and get suspended

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Hmm, no count out then. I thought that would be the most likely scenario. How the hell are they going to make a pinfall, submission or knock out look realistic then??! I won't be easy unless a 3rd party is involved.

depends if there is disqualification - can imagine mayweathers pose coming in

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
As goes MITB, I'd LIKE to see y2j get it, but I suspect Kennedy is more likely.

Interesting though, what he said on Raw this week, which is that if he (Kennedy) wins, he'll cash his shot in straight away (didn't say which shot he'd go for, mind).

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Suppose I'm gonna have to fork out for this if it means I get some peace and quiet while our boy watches over and over again for at least a week!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
As goes MITB, I'd LIKE to see y2j get it, but I suspect Kennedy is more likely.

Interesting though, what he said on Raw this week, which is that if he (Kennedy) wins, he'll cash his shot in straight away (didn't say which shot he'd go for, mind).

if triple h wins the title, then kennedy could cash it in, become champion, triple h uses his rematch clause instantly, and wins it back

vince mcmahon would be WELL happy - one of his favourites in kennedy becomes a 1 time world champion, and his son-in-law becomes a 13 time world champion - then he only has 4 to go to beat flairs record

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
if triple h wins the title, then kennedy could cash it in, become champion, triple h uses his rematch clause instantly, and wins it back

vince mcmahon would be WELL happy - one of his favourites in kennedy becomes a 1 time world champion, and his son-in-law becomes a 13 time world champion - then he only has 4 to go to beat flairs record

Stranger things have happened.

I must say that watching 'Mania on the TV is nothing like being there live...if only I was made of money and been able to go again. :(

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Anyone know what happened to Lashley? Did he fail the Wellness programme or something??

Dunno, he posted a thing on his website after he was released saying that he wanted to stay but was forced out by circumstances beyond his control, whatever that means.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Anyone know what happened to Lashley? Did he fail the Wellness programme or something??

quit as he wasnt happy with the way he was being pushed - what he didnt realise is that he had the charisma of a week old pickle and was completely dull

rumour was he was going to take up mma

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Dunno, he posted a thing on his website after he was released saying that he wanted to stay but was forced out by circumstances beyond his control, whatever that means.

apparently it was chrystal being released, lashley offered an ultimatum of take her back or ill quit, and the wwe told him where he could go

he then attempted to blame it on racism

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports