Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WOW - that's expensive postage from the Seagulls Shop !!!!!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I've started to look at Christmas shopping and was browsing the Seagulls Shop online for ideas. Noticed "We Want Falmer" book is half price and thought I'd buy a copy for myself. £6.70 postage ?? They're having a laugh !!!!!!

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
just go in to the store on matchday. saved £6.70 instantly

Camicus

Living in Bradford my Mrs uses the seagulls shop on birthdays and christmas and what not. They are excellent for us exiles. Amazon will charge you £8 for the same delivery options as the seagulls shop so fail to see how you can be outraged at P+P.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Living in Bradford my Mrs uses the seagulls shop on birthdays and christmas and what not. They are excellent for us exiles. Amazon will charge you £8 for the same delivery options as the seagulls shop so fail to see how you can be outraged at P+P.

But with Amazon you can select a free option - with the Seagulls Shop the CHEAPEST option is Recorded 1st Class - a bit over the top to say the least.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
How much are the stamps? 1kg is the best part of £5, then add in a Jiffy bag, all has to be taken into account.

Camicus

Yes but for the EQUIVALENT service you would have to pay. The point being you have to compare like to like and that the seagulls shop offers above average service. You have the choice support the club and pay for that service or not you at least have the option of popping down there in person it would cost me £60 in diesel so £6 is a no brainer.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
It's a pretty large and heavy book (& well worth it) so not surprised at the postage.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Amazon has free postage - unless you opt for the deliver it yesterday option.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
At least you would be supporting the club, rather than a Luxembourg owned company that pays no UK corporation tax.
Don't care. It's cheaper.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
If you buy it via the Amazon link at the top of the page NSC apparently gets some commission

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Deliver it yesterday? Amazon know what I am going to order before I do! :deletescookies:
Their suggestion page is bit scary.... everything you never thought you wanted, but actually do.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Courier I.e TnT,City-Link etc all now do post aswell as just parcels the Royal mail have had to compete and they have done this the same way as the aformentioned kind of national couriers and that is by charging the weight, give it six months and 6.5 will be about average for a 1kg parcel with whoever you use, may even be cheep compared to some

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here