Wow! That Tim Howard did some job.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Tripe. What are you suggesting that Casillas had a mare in goal because his multi million pound salary from Real Madrid wasn't enough and he has taking a bag of cash from?

I'm not naive enough to believe fixing doesn't go on (I even follow the money on cricket sometimes) but you are only likely to see that in a dead rubber group game or one of the African teams where this is more prevalent. To suggest some of the most highly paid people on the planet are fixing games in the last 16 of the competition doesn't wash.

Can't prove its not happening, I'm talking about millions and millions of pounds being made

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Why do you think all the goals come within minutes of extra time starting? They're professional footballers, its not hard to make it look like a "good game"

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Can't prove its not happening, I'm talking about millions and millions of pounds being made

How?

A lot of people who make these statements don't understand betting. I'll give you an example. I can barely get a 3 figure bet on with most high street bookmakers. If I could or multiple people are doing the same bet the parameters in the software will shut down big prices and raise a red flag quicker than you can blink. Even Betfair shop some of their customers to the authorities when they are laying like crazy. If somebody asked for 10 grand on 4-0 Croatia V Cameroon in Corals they would laugh you out the shop.

As I say, you can sometimes see strange goings on, on Betfair in the cricket (sri Lanka 67 all out in the one dayer as an example). From what I have seen, Betfair has been priced right in the WC. Whilst I understand you are talking the msyterious 'Asian' markets they have to lay it out somewhere and Betfair is the market with the liquidity.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
My man in Hong Kong tells me it's Costa Rica v Belgium in the final, 5 yellow cards 15 corners each, the first throw in is on 17 seconds ( to Belgium) , the referee goes off with heat stroke (34mins) and the sub ref has to come on.There are 27 free kicks, plus twelve for the offsides. Each team has a goal disallowed and it remains 0-0 at the end of extra time. Costa Rica win 11-10 on penalties, with three retakes because the keeper moves too soon. The winning penalty is tipped onto the post by the Belgian keeper Mignolet (who had to come on on 64 minutes because Courtois was injured) but hits him on the head before rebounding into the net. Belgium claim this is, in fact, a save but are over ruled.

I've been told to invest heavily in this, because the fix is in from the Cantonese triads.

I leave the rest up to you.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yep, same as Germany, Argentina, Costa Rica, Brazil games - there's some underground Asian betting going on making bookies a ridiculous amount of money

Why do you think all the goals come within minutes of extra time starting? They're professional footballers, its not hard to make it look like a "good game"

I'm not saying there is no such thing as match fixing. But the notion that all these teams are contriving results for some mysterious far east punters is absolutely laughable.

Taking last night as an example, if you honestly could not see that the USA and Belgium players were straining every last sinew to try and win that game for their respective teams, for their countries, then you simply do not know what you are watching. And its a pity, because as a spectacle, last nights game was incredible entertainment.

You just cannot CONTRIVE sporting drama like that. Even in the (impossible) event of both entire squads of players (and presumably the management and ref ?) being "in on it" and nobody else in the world knowing, how can you see so many near-misses, great saves, efforts going narrowly wide - are you seriously trying to tell me that was deliberately done so as NOT to score ?

You're nuts.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I'm not saying there is no such thing as match fixing. But the notion that all these teams are contriving results for some mysterious far east punters is absolutely laughable.

Taking last night as an example, if you honestly could not see that the USA and Belgium players were straining every last sinew to try and win that game for their respective teams, for their countries, then you simply do not know what you are watching. And its a pity, because as a spectacle, last nights game was incredible entertainment.

You just cannot CONTRIVE sporting drama like that. Even in the (impossible) event of both entire squads of players (and presumably the management and ref ?) being "in on it" and nobody else in the world knowing, how can you see so many near-misses, great saves, efforts going narrowly wide - are you seriously trying to tell me that was deliberately done so as NOT to score ?

You're nuts.

Ok ok maybe not one of my accumulators coming good this world cup might have something to do with this...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports