Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WOW! Is it really 28 tonight years since.....

On holiday in Devon with my parents, West County missed most it althought it was a very breezy night. Watched the aftermath on TV the following morning and returned home with some trepidation on the Saturday. Fortunately neither my house or parent's house suffered any major damage.

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
Left Savannah nightclub and walked home passed the level and along Lewes Road completely wrecked, and apart from thinking that it's a bit blowy, completely oblivious to the carnage unfolding.

emphyrian

May 25, 2004
Woodingdean
slept through it. the scale of destruction only really dawned on me when I got to my junior school and saw the roof on the playground. what struck me was how lucky I was, as I had not completed a project for school and my teacher Mr Lacey was the most fearsome teacher i've ever been taught by. we got an extra two weeks off of school and I got two weeks extra to finish the project.

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
I remember walking home from a girls house, I was 20 at the time and i wandered rather aimlessly along Davigdor road to my house on Goldstone Villas. As I got close to Denmark Terrace I felt the air pressure change and the atmosphere become really strange, it's a feeling I've never felt since. Anyway about half way down Denmark terrace a huge gust of wind brought a tree down, something i'd never seen happen before, I remember thinking it was a once in a lifetime experience :lol: Anyway, I've gone about another thirty feet when another tree comes down and crashes through a car roof, I knew this was something special. At the bottom of Goldstone Villas there was a row of telephone boxes so I thought i'd do my civil duty and report the fallen tree incidents to the police but literally as I opened the phonebox door i heard a gust of wind run up George Street and randomly blow out windows as it went. At that point all thoughts of civil duty were abandoned and I legged it home. Me and my Mum spent the next two hours peering out of the window watching trees all up the road crash down, it was a night I'll never forget.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
So it seems those of us who were there 28 years ago were pissed or asleep at the time of the biggest storm in 200 years.

No change there then. If it had happened a midday there would have been hundreds dead.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here