Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WOW - Bye Bye Pakistan?

I don't think that's right.

My mistake :dunce: one letter makes all the difference

seems in this case there are two different sets of Majeed Brothers who are not relatives (as far as I know)

Mazhar and Azhar who are agents for many of the Pakistani Cricketing players in the UK, the former being at the centre of the NOTW story, and the latter being mentioned in multiple articles on the net this morning hence the mix up on my part

Then there are Chaz and Azwar the Majeeds who were involved at Crawley.

A simple mistake....I'll go sit in the corner and wait for the Moan-In to start :down:

Last edited:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
The News of the Screws story went a bit over the top in alleging that the Pakistan players involved had thrown the whole game. Three no-balls is hardly going to change the entire result however corruptly the circumstances.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
The News of the Screws story went a bit over the top in alleging that the Pakistan players involved had thrown the whole game. Three no-balls is hardly going to change the entire result however corruptly the circumstances.

He quite clearly states that the result of the 2nd Test in the recent series between Australia & Pakistan was fixed (a remarkable turn around notable for Kamran Akmal's 4 dropped catches & a woeful batting collapse from a Pakistan team almost certain to win the game.) As I understand the purpose of these no-balls was very much to prove that the players would be able to be influenced in the future when Salman Butt had his feet slightly more under the table.

I agree that they may have gone over the top with regards to this particular test match but I'm glad they have because these players need the book thrown at them. Whether the players know it or not by agreeing to the no balls they are sowing the seeds for match fixing in the future.

I feel extremely sorry for Amir who is as promising a fast bowler as I have ever seen of his age but even he is going to be have to be dealt with severely.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here