Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would Zamora and/or Ward have got into this side?

...Shall I start Gary Nelson, Gerry Ryan, John Byrne and Mike Small threads or has the dead horse been well and truly flogged? To my everlasting regret I was too late for Wardy in his prime but I did see him score in my first ever game Watford New Year's Day '83 when he was back on loan.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I think the better question would be, who would fit better into todays side, Zamora or Ward?

Take away who you think is the better player, who would fit better into the system, Zamora for me.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think the better question would be, who would fit better into todays side, Zamora or Ward?

Take away who you think is the better player, who would fit better into the system, Zamora for me.

Tough one, Zamora's physical presence and heading ability was better but Ward would slot into one touch football played through the defence, in fact imagining him playing one twos and rounding defenders and keepers, leaving them sitting on their arses with his ball control and acceleration, before slotting the ball into the net with the whole stadium on it's feet is the stuff of dreams. Wardy for me but Zamora would also be pretty amazing too.

fisons

Feb 21, 2005
PIG
Bruno El Abd Upson Bridge
Dave Bridcutt Vicente
Buckley Ward Zamora

Shiver me timbers!

Wind up? Surely

The team which had the likes of Lawrenson, Case, Stevens, Grealish, Foster, Robinson and Ward in finished in the top half of the first division. This current one might make the top third of the second divisio.

To be quite honest if Vicente was ever fit then he might get in that side. As he is never fit it is academic. Bridge and Upson would come close but dont forget they are loan players.

You modern lot live in a cloud cuckoo land caused by the years of misery at Gillingham and Withers.

GOSBTS

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Wind up? Surely

The team which had the likes of Lawrenson, Case, Stevens, Grealish, Foster, Robinson and Ward in finished in the top half of the first division. This current one might make the top third of the second divisio.

To be quite honest if Vicente was ever fit then he might get in that side. As he is never fit it is academic. Bridge and Upson would come close but dont forget they are loan players.

You modern lot live in a cloud cuckoo land caused by the years of misery at Gillingham and Withers.

GOSBTS

Well, yes. Actually, we do. And what else would you expect? I'm not old enough to have seen the greats from yesteryear, so this current crop are by a LONG way the best Brighton squad in my lifetime. Do we get carried away? Yes. Does time blur the memory of the ability of players from the good old days? Probably does a bit, yes.

Either way, the good times are here again. :albion:

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Wind up? Surely

GOSBTS

Clearly, however at least we understood the question being made, players that you mention have nothing to do with the current squad, Zamora or Ward in the current squad which one would you pick

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Wind up? Surely

GOSBTS

WTF are you ranting on about?

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
If you want to know if Wardy would get into the current Albion team then why don't you head on over to the Dripping pan on April 19th for a scouting mission.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here