Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Would you???????

medwayseagull reborn

Oct 12, 2022
Yet another divisive idea from some clown in authority. I thought Charlie was going to modernise the monarchy not take it back to the dark ages of subserviance.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
I would rather put a scalpel into my cock eye and twist it, along with fingerings the hottest chilli up my arse at the same time, along with drinking fox piss and eating horse shit.

bazbha

Mar 18, 2011
Hailsham
I take it that you're a happy forelock-tugger? Good for you, and I have no problem with people that wish to do so, but the idea that it's a thread designed for "all the lefties to jump on and have a pop" displays a bit of insecurity, imho.
U ok hun?
In the Army mate. If that makes me a "forelock-tugger" then guilty as charged.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I won’t be doing this personally, but I am fully behind the monarchy as a concept. They do far more good than harm, no matter what Republicans may claim. Do wish the Queen would’ve been immortal though so we didn’t have King Charles. I loved Her Majesty.

The reciting stuff to a TV set (do people still call it that?) is a little bit bonkers even for the royals, it reminds me of “place your hands on the screen and feel the power of Christ” that Jim Bakker and those shits were doing in America.

One last thing… nobody is forcing you to do this. It’s an invitation to try and invoke unity and togetherness. The bloody Stasi aren’t going to be banging on your door if you don’t. Just be happy and live your life your own way.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
No. This reminds me of the increasing politicisation of social life. It feeds the culture wars myth.

Armed Forces Day is another example. The vast majority of us have absolute respect and honour for those who serve. But I'm not convinced that the appearance of this day is about their service to the nation, more the government's wish for slavish obedience to foreign policy and deployment.
As someone that served I can't even tell you when Armed Forces Day is, would rather they invested the effort into keeping veterans off the streets.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I won’t be doing this personally, but I am fully behind the monarchy as a concept. They do far more good than harm, no matter what Republicans may claim. Do wish the Queen would’ve been immortal though so we didn’t have King Charles. I loved Her Majesty.

The reciting stuff to a TV set (do people still call it that?) is a little bit bonkers even for the royals, it reminds me of “place your hands on the screen and feel the power of Christ” that Jim Bakker and those shits were doing in America.

One last thing… nobody is forcing you to do this. It’s an invitation to try and invoke unity and togetherness. The bloody Stasi aren’t going to be banging on your door if you don’t. Just be happy and live your life your own way.
I fully support your right to do so, although I do think that it's an 'invitation to try and evoke unity and togetherness' is utter bollocks.
Just my opinion, and I have no need to change yours.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
I would abolish the mornachy in a heartbeat the only problem is you give the loons in westminster ultimate power, that doesn't bare thinking about

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here