Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you vote for bombing ISIS in Syria?

Would you vote for bombing ISIS in Syria?

• Total voters

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Are the 100 odd Stop the War protesters outside parliament with their 'Hands off Syria placards' going on to the French, Russian and USA embassies I wonder?

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Are the 100 odd Stop the War protesters outside parliament with their 'Hands off Syria placards' going on to the French, Russian and USA embassies I wonder?

Yes they did march to quite a few locations last night, however tonight its about letting parliament know their is a big opposition to the motion put forward by the government tonight, so I imagine they will stay put and make their voices heard

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
image.jpg

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
It's official. We are off to extend our bombing from Iraq to Syria. Here we go again. Who will follow ISIS ? Sorry Daish is it now or IS. This will stop all these ISIS boys coming over here and bombing London and Paris. What ?

Dec 29, 2011
Interesting observation on NSC that most political posts have a hard left leaning & following ---- totally contradictory to the country as a whole

Is this in reference to the 2:1 vote against bombing Syria? Because most people I've talked to seem to be against it. However, you have to bear in mind people who make their voices heard are usually the ones more opposed to it. Those indifferent won't get involved so I guess the results may be skewed. Still bitterly disappointed with tonights vote though, it seems the politicians don't represent the people. Again.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Something is going to happen over here whether we start bombing or not, only difference is that they'll use this as an excuse now

Dec 29, 2011
It's official. We are off to extend our bombing from Iraq to Syria. Here we go again. Who will follow ISIS ? Sorry Daish is it now or IS. This will stop all these ISIS boys coming over here and bombing London and Paris. What ?

Fully expecting a London attack soon. It doesn't affect my decision whether bombing is correct or not, but I think it'll prove bombing won't make us safer. That being said, I think the general ignorant public will use a London attack as proof we should be bombing Syria.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Is this in reference to the 2:1 vote against bombing Syria? Because most people I've talked to seem to be against it. However, you have to bear in mind people who make their voices heard are usually the ones more opposed to it. Those indifferent won't get involved so I guess the results may be skewed. Still bitterly disappointed with tonights vote though, it seems the politicians don't represent the people. Again.

Understand you are disappointed but confused as to how this vote doesn't reflect the views of the people. What do you base that opinion on?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
If he was still around I think he would have been very proud as any father should be.

This is Tony Benn we are speaking of, a leading figure in the Stop the War Coalition, a member od CND, and a voracious opponent of the Falklands War.

Still, I expect you're right

Dec 29, 2011
Understand you are disappointed but confused as to how this vote doesn't reflect the views of the people. What do you base that opinion on?

Just people I've spoken to, people who post on social media, comments on my local MPs page, forums like this one. I've heard a lot more against bombing that for it. Again, I'll stress I think the people who make their voice heard are more likely to be against it, so we get skewed statistics, but I still think there are more against than for. A proper referendum would have been interesting to find out what the public really think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here