Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you take humiliating Palace in the semi but lose the final?

Guaranteed Palace victory or take your chances?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Quote Originally Posted by FamilyGuy View Post

Surely all the permutations of questions around the Palace match have been exhausted by now - haven't they?
I was just thinking this. It's all getting a bit lame around here now isn't it.

My point exactly!!

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
One game at a time. At the moment that's also true for me, but next Tuesday the final will be all important.

Yeah but I'll always prefer to beat Palace than Man U. So if that means staying in the championship they hey ho I can handle that.

We'll never win the PL. However imagine the last day of the season in the Championship playing Palace and sending them down!

toff79

Aug 8, 2011
id like to get ripped to shreads in the first leg and draw 0-0 then grab a 90th min winner at the amex that was offside then win the final, wouldnt it be great all their moaning how we didnt deserve it and how they were the better side yet we will be going to old trafford and they will be going to yeovil

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Surely by winning the final we would have beaten Palace anyway, in order to get to the final so i am a bit confused as any win at this stage will be humiliating.

Withdeano

Oct 30, 2010
Horsham
Can I put another slant on this one, to those for whom beating Palace in the main priority? Would you rather of finished 7th than lose to Palace in the playoffs?

Got to say that I'm thinking of Premier footy and that's the goal, but I have quietly thought that if we lose do to the Nigels it may have been better to fail nobly at the final hurdle. I know that the playoffs is a measure of achievement for some, but a semi final loss in these circumstances will be sooooo painful. Thoughts?

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I've said on other threads that I'm actually quite happy to stay in Championship because I believe the football "experience" is better (more competitive, less dominated by £££s, etc).

I'll be leaping all over wembley WHEN we win but if we didn't, after the initial disappointment had worn off, I'll still look forward to another nail-biting year in the Championship.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I'm sorry, I thought after coming this far in the last 16 years, the natural progression of things would be to play in the big boys league? Stuff Palace and lose in the final? no thanks, I'd cry like a little girl but beat Palace and stuff the opposition in the final....I'd still cry like a little girl

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here