Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you take a three 3 year deal on your season ticket

Locky

Oct 2, 2003
Brighton
The problems recently highlighted on this board regarding the lack of available money in the club IMHO could be eased by offering existing season ticket holders a 3 year deal ...lets say £800
would you renew if lets say the closing date was end of feb ?
This would give Mcghee some money to strengthen the squad immediately and maybe get us promotion.
It would also ensure at certain number of fans attending for the next 3 years.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I can see your reasoning Locky but would the club be able to manage losing £600 on the deal, even if they were getting an immediate cash boost?

Personally yes I would.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Palace launched 10 year season tickets a couple of years back. I know someone with one.

Extortionate initial lay out, but represents good value for the fan in the long term. As far as you can call Palace good value clearly.

just_bhafc

Oct 14, 2003
Shoreham Beach
Yes, definitely.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Brighton did 10 year season tickets a while back. Did anyone on here get one and how much were they?

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham/LA
i'd stump up for that. club gets a quick cash boost and we get cheap tix!!

as has been said though, thats a fairly large chunk of wedge that wont be coming in further down the line..

harold robbins

Jul 5, 2003
After seeing what happened at Bradford City (a similar scheme and then the club went bust/were taken over - leaving the tickets invalid) I`d take some persuading.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Lammy said:
Brighton did 10 year season tickets a while back. Did anyone on here get one and how much were they?
£1500 , which if i had the money i would have done

anyway locky yes i would

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
kinkygerbil said:
what would happen if you brought one then if the new ground is built and tickets are cheaper?

At that price it works out at £11.59 a game. I cannot see Falmer being cheaper than that.

No. I wouldn't, not because I don't trust Knight or because I'm worried about what division we'd be in as I've been watching Brighton for too long to worry about that now.

I wouldn't because I'm not convinced the club could cope with out the regular season ticket money every year, and mainly because I never know where I'm going to be one week to the next let alone in 3 years time!

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I'd get a three yea rone, in fact I'd get a ten year one if I had th eoption as long as it saved me money.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
A three year ticket is likely to cost somewhere just below three times the current single season cost. Where you benefit is that you are locked in at today's price and won't have to pay inevitable price increases season after season.

Obviously the benefit of this gets better the longer term of the ticket. A 10 year ticket at, say, £4000 would be great value for those that could find the cash today.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
kinkygerbil said:
ok fair point
i cant see falmer being cheaper than 20 pounds

And the rest....I bet kid's tickets will be more than that at Falmer.

Locky

Oct 2, 2003
Brighton
Kylies Stunt Arse said:
No. I wouldn't, not because I don't trust Knight or because I'm worried about what division we'd be in as I've been watching Brighton for too long to worry about that now.

I wouldn't because I'm not convinced the club could cope with out the regular season ticket money every year,

One way around that would be to allow a yearly top up of your 3 year ticket (obviously at a reduced rate)

Shegull

Jul 7, 2003
On a Bed of Roses
Bozza said:
A three year ticket is likely to cost somewhere just below three times the current single season cost. Where you benefit is that you are locked in at today's price and won't have to pay inevitable price increases season after season.

Obviously the benefit of this gets better the longer term of the ticket. A 10 year ticket at, say, £4000 would be great value for those that could find the cash today.

All fine and good except how do you know where you are going to be in ten or even three years time. What if you were like Italia and got the urge to go off travelling somewhere for a year. Are the tickets transferable???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here