Would You Take A Point?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Take a point?

• Yes - They're top of and league and at home for crying out loud

Votes: 73 73.7%
  • No - Gus and the boys are perfectly capable of giving this lot a good hidin'

Votes: 26 26.3%

• Total voters

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
would take a point, but we played them off the pitch (one of our performances of the season) away last year!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
shit or bust , a draw isn't enough

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
On the one hand, I look through our squad and think back to certain games and think no, we can beat anybody by some distance on our day.

On the other hand, it's pretty obvious that we very rarely perform to our maximum potential.

So yes, I'd take a point.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Yes a draw would leave us only three points adrift of 'boro (if we win our game in hand) and we have them to play with a superior goal difference. I'd snap your hands off.

assuming Boro dont get anything at Burnley tonight !

- - - Updated - - -

Games will start to run out.

Point great result but we need 3

Would accept 1 but doesnt really help

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We need 7 points from Cardiff, Burnley, and Huddersfield really.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
4 points are a must.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
On the face of it a point away to the run away league leaders would be a very good result, but we have the players to win the match too. Will only decide if I'm happy with a point after the match has finished i.e. Blackburn away - brilliant point out of nothing. Blackburn home - rubbish point, really should have been 3.

People saying it's shit or bust now, I know what you mean, but getting a point away to Cardiff and still having 14 odd games left isn't a bad deal. It's the home games that really need to be shit or bust.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
No. If we get a point, I shall be writing to the Football League requesting they take it back.

Three points or nothing.

thats the spirit
never,never take a point when you are capable of taking all three
what is the matter with you lot

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
I'm feeling confident that we can get 3 points.

MacKay has changed his team formation twice against us, both at the AMEX last season and this season. They parked the bus at the AMEX this season, so i would expect us to hit them on the counter. Their pace worries me, but the key will be keeping good possession, silencing the crowd and taking any chances that come our way. i expect us to play 4-5-1, with Orlandi and Buckley supporting Ulloa. Hammond, Bridcutt and Spanish Dave to make up the others in Midfield.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Abso-ruddy-lutely

Any point is a good point away from home.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
No, I would rather lose going for a win than play for a draw. We have drawn too many games being over cautious and that is the reason why we outside of the playoffs at the moment.

Who said anything about playing for a draw or being over cautious?

I'm sure we'll be going for the win, but I'd settle for a point now, as I think there's a good chance that we won't get any.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It is a great shame that Barnes is suspended as he loves scoring against Malkay's teams. Watford in the FA cup, twice at Cardiff, and once in the 2-2 draw last season.

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
No! Need wins at this stage of the competition.

I was there in Cardiff when we beat em 3-1 with players such as Sparrow, Painter, Vincelot, Ankergren....no reason we can't do it with the team we got!

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Who said anything about playing for a draw or being over cautious?

I'm sure we'll be going for the win, but I'd settle for a point now, as I think there's a good chance that we won't get any.

I'm going on current form, it wouldn't suprise me if we have the most draws in all 4 divisions!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If we are going to get into the playoffs we need some unexpected wins against top sides away from home. I expect three points tonight as all the good things in the first 20 mins against Blackburn that didn't come off, do tonight. I may well change my mind and settle for a draw if any of our players commits reckless fouls and gets dismissed early in the game though. We are pretty good at shooting ourselves in the foot, it's time for the team to show some real character and win an away game against the odds.

Not sure that this is the game we'll come from behind to win though should we fall behind.

B52

Jan 23, 2013
Super Seaford From the South
If we are going to get into the playoffs we need some unexpected wins against top sides away from home. I expect three points tonight as all the good things in the first 20 mins against Blackburn that didn't come off, do tonight. I may well change my mind and settle for a draw if any of our players commits reckless fouls and gets dismissed early in the game though. We are pretty good at shooting ourselves in the foot, it's time for the team to show some real character and win an away game against the odds.

Not sure that this is the game we'll come from behind to win though should we fall behind.
Agree with this assessment,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports