Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Would you take a point at Sheffield utd if both west brom and Fulham lose their next 2.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
I'd gamble a point to try to get the 3. Feeling pretty secure on 34 points with 6 to play and the best GD in the bottom half. Feel we could really push for above 41 points and 14th or above.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Blades players won’t be risking much, none will want to pick up injuries especially those looking for other PL moves in the summer.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Potter with his selection against Chelsea obviously had one eye on Saturday and I fully expect us to go there in search of all three points.
The quicker we get them the better the team will play, we can take them to pieces we all know that....

Time for the team to absolutely destroy them....

Anything other than 3 points will be an utter disappointment.

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
Sheffield United have got big injury worries and are really struggling of course .

This game will go one of 2 ways we score first I think we win 3 or 4 nil . If they score first or its 0-0 for most of the game then I will worry and take the point

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
I don't think for one minute the Sheff Utd games is going to be a walk in the park. This one could go either way so for that reason.....

Yes I'd take a point

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Expecting Sheffield to play with more freedom and leave some gaps at the back as a result that we can exploit.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Look up, not down. Palace and Southampton's next games are both Leicester and they both look like they're on the beach already. A win against Sheffield United, followed by them both losing puts us above Southampton and within a point of Palace. Palace have to play Leicester, Man City, Arsenal, Villa, Sheffield United & Liverpool and their game in hand is against Southampton. Most would probably be predicting somewhere between two and seven points from that. We shouldn't be looking to limp over the line, we should be looking to end the season with the results that the performances have deserved. We can catch these bums.

This. We are on track for 40pts so I really don't think we should be looking down, we absolutely should be looking up though. 13th is, imo, far more likely that 18th

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Finishing as high as we can is important for finances too.

So hopefully we go all out for the last few games and get up as high as we can in the table.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I want us to be safe with ideally 3 games to go and I think that’s realistic now.
However I also want it to be painfully obvious to our board that we simply have to find a striker upgrade for next season or it will be rinse/repeat in 21/22. No ifs or buts, no ‘Connolly might come good’, just find one (obv within budget).

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Whilst many thought Fulham were the side to watch it is turning out to be perhaps WBA. Sam gets results, probably too late for this season but result wise he is doing pretty well.

I was browsing some WBA forums while bored over lunch yesterday and struggled to find any talk about relegation, almost like it's universally forbidden. Either that or they are supremely confident. Fulham forums for contrast have angrily assumed relegation for weeks and still talk about it all the time by the looks of it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Nope, I expect a win but will not be that surprised if we lose :down:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Whilst many thought Fulham were the side to watch it is turning out to be perhaps WBA. Sam gets results, probably too late for this season but result wise he is doing pretty well.

Not sure I buy that Big Sam mythology.

Chelsea had a man sent off after 25 minutes and they had a day when every shot went in. Southampton were resting players, or at least had one eye on, the FA Cup semi final. Prior to that WBA were doing nothing.

Still gotta win em, but I'm not judging Fat Sam on those two results ar worried about them rallying.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I'd look at it like this.

If we are going to avoid relegation struggles in perpetuity we're going to have to find ways of scoring against lowly teams who set up to defend the penalty box

So this is our free hit to try something different. Maybe use Zeqiri's height, maybe concede territory to use the counter attack.

We need to find a way to beat these teams. Tippy tappy passes through crowded penalty areas hasn't worked thus far. Lets mix it up

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I'd love a win which I reckon would make us safe bar the maths. But a point would leave Fulham needing 3 wins from 5 and West Brom 4 wins from 7. Both unlikely scenarios, but I have no idea how many chickens I have and would welcome Leicester flying out the blocks and battering West Brom tonight.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I'd look at it like this.

If we are going to avoid relegation struggles in perpetuity we're going to have to find ways of scoring against lowly teams who set up to defend the penalty box

So this is our free hit to try something different. Maybe use Zeqiri's height, maybe concede territory to use the counter attack.

We need to find a way to beat these teams. Tippy tappy passes through crowded penalty areas hasn't worked thus far. Lets mix it up

I completely agree with this point but on this occasion the draw is of no real value to Shef U so they can’t set up like that for 90 mins, what would be the point now?
I think this game might be more open than people expect for that reason.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Settling for a point against an already-relegated side with nothing to play for other than pride wouldn't be great.

3 points or nothing for me, regardless of what other teams may or may not do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here