Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you take a place in the PO Final now...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Go for the fecking wins and autopromotion. No matter how many times you watch that soppy betting ad on the tellybox, there is no cashout in real life, FFS :wozza::facepalm:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
You'd only settle for the playoff final if you thought the most likely outcome is finish below 6th, or lose in the semi-final.

Let's have a professional attitude and get top 2.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
CdiLBTqXEAAivDA.jpg

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
I'm away on a stag do for the play off final, so I am all in for the automatic promotion.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Play-off final. I’d take a guaranteed play off final, but not if it was just play-offs. In a one off game I think we could beat anyone in this division. I think we’re mentally one of the toughest teams.

Play-offs on its own. If you’d said to me at the start of the season play-offs I’d have bitten your hand off. But at the moment we would really have to screw things up to miss out on them, so going for automatic gives us two bites at the cherry with play-offs if we miss out.

Automatic. We have ten games left, five of these games are against teams in the bottom half and two are against teams who seem to be self-imploding. I actually think we’ve got a decent chance of making top two, but I’d take a one off game over ten anytime.

el punal

How about a winners mentality? If we finish below Burnley or Hull then we deserve to stay down. Winners win. Over to you players, are you winners or not? First is first, second acceptable because its promotion. Play offs, well win it and the players get out of jail. Lose it and they have failed. That's the bottom line. Remember palace who couldnt get anyone to watch them are Premier league FA Cup semi finalists. Lower league failure is, no matter how you dress it up, just lower league failure. How a club who get 25000 in the lower leagues accepts this is just absurd.
That's a bit of a harsh statement. The club are doing something about. Firstly, just remember, this is one of our most successful periods in the club history. To be in the second tier five years running has never been achieved - throughout the club history the vast majority of the time has been spent in the third and fourth divisions.

Secondly, barring a disaster, we will be in the play-offs at least by the season's end. That will be the third time in four years. And, following last year's debacle, that is defininetly progress in the making.

To conclude, like you, every Albion fan would love automatic promotion and with a bit of luck we could achieve that, or failing that, through the play-offs. But don't treat the team with disdain if they don't. This season's performance has been an absolute revelation so let's enjoy it while it lasts - it's a fun ride!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
How about a winners mentality? If we finish below Burnley or Hull then we deserve to stay down. Winners win. Over to you players, are you winners or not? First is first, second acceptable because its promotion. Play offs, well win it and the players get out of jail. Lose it and they have failed. That's the bottom line. Remember palace who couldnt get anyone to watch them are Premier league FA Cup semi finalists. Lower league failure is, no matter how you dress it up, just lower league failure. How a club who get 25000 in the lower leagues accepts this is just absurd.
:yawn:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You'd only settle for the playoff final if you thought the most likely outcome is finish below 6th, or lose in the semi-final.
No, you'd settle for a playoff final if it gave you a better chance of promotion, and it does.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Far too early to 'cash out', and assume we'll fail at the playoff semi-final stage or worse.

The table could look VERY good after

Albion v Reading
Hull v Forest

Middlesbrough v Hull

MK v Albion

QPR v Middlesbrough

even then it could look better still after

Albion v Burnley
Hull v Bristol City

Derby v Hull
Birmingham v Albion

That would be the time to consider 'cash out', not before, in my opinion.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here