Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Would you take a 1-0 defeat tonight now (to preserve our GD)?

Would you take a 1-0 defeat tonight now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can picture us starting the game.
Hoofing the ball towards the far touchline.
Slicing it, down the middle.
Catching a Spurs centre half off guard.
Only for him to punch the ball back to the goalie.

Dunk steps up for the penalty.
1-0 Albion, after 1 minutes.

Scenes across Sussex (except Haywards Heath naturally)

Then all the players have to do is hang on for a further 96 minutes, while simultaneously breaking the world record for 'most amount of sufferers of cramp'.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Would only take a 1-0 defeat if it comes with a guaranteed Fulham 1 Cardiff 0 attached to it as a double bill.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I suspect some people may change their opinion when we get gubbed 5-0, a bit like the poll prior to the Cardiff game where the 'would you take a point' question was posed!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I suspect some people may change their opinion when we get gubbed 5-0, a bit like the poll prior to the Cardiff game where the 'would you take a point' question was posed!
Good point let's wait till after the game before deciding :lol:

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
No modern football has taken many things away from the fans but they will never take hope.Without hope what's the point so it's a definite no from me as I am hoping for a win (nurse pass my medicine).

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I reckon we could possibly get a point. . . Can't see us winning by 2 clear goals, but a point is a sensible hope!

Wibble

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I'd take it now.

Under normal circumstances I wouldn't, but we're so bad at the moment that 3 poor games against Spurs, Arsenal and City could easily wipe out our goal difference and send us down.

Performances aren't important any more as that horse has already bolted. All we need to do is get over the line this season and then make the right changes ready for next season.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Good grief! Has it all come down to this? If 'take a 1-0 defeat tonight' is all we aspire to nowadays, then we really don't belong in this league. Sake! :facepalm:

Indy

Apr 19, 2012
Heading up the game, Spurs have lost two in a row and confident that tonight we will make it three.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Would like to hope we can match the Wolves performance but a 1-0 would not be a disaster or unexpected (defeat anyway). A point would be brilliant and set us up for the Newcastle game in a better mood & although my heart says yes a draw is possible my head says home win but Spurs will have to fight for it.

Would take 1-0 if we could be sure of the same 1-0 home win on Saturday otherwise I think we need to hope for more tonight.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
Very tempting to take the 1-0 - I do think goal difference will be play a part and I am not convinced our current goal difference is enough, so damage limitation is important. However, I harbour secret hopes of scraping a win, so no. Edit - I meant scraping a draw!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here