Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you take 2nd place, if offered it now (before tonight's games)?

Would you take 2nd place, if offered it now (before tonight's games)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Don't you want to hear Queens "We are the champions" song being bellowed out around the Amex with Bruno lifting the trophy ?

No. The song is a sore on the face of music. Bruno lifting the trophy to Fat Boy Slim's "You're Not From Brighton" please.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Having waited 34 years, my answer is a reluctant 'Yes'.

Exactly, how ****ing long has this club waited. It's been an exercise in patience, a life long exercise. Now we are so close to achieving what we all deserve. Even if it's just a year, we all deserve it

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
No.Bet CH wants to win it-show the others what they're missing,the best manager.The look on Rafa's face would be priceless!

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I reluctantly voted yes, but we're still fighting for this title and they've got to go to massive and get something and I'll tell you, honestly, I will love it if we beat them. Love it.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Nah - We are efficient. This group of lads won't slip up

As on another thread

1. Win Promotion at Norwich

2. Win the League at Villa Park

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No, I'm after the title...we will forever be remembered as the side who not only won promotion but who beat the highest costing squad and highest paid squad in the Championship.
Yeah, except that there will no doubt be a new 'highest costing squad' in a few years.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
A most definite "Yes" from me... promotion is what really counts, although the title is the cherry on the icing on top of the cake...

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Yes

While it's always better to win the league, the aim is clearly promotion which will be achieved by finishing second. We can still have a party when a top 2 finish is guaranteed.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I would change 1 to win promotion at home to Wigan after beating QPR and not losing at Wolves. or beating both.

Had I not had an axe to grind with Norwich BG then I too would want them to clinch Promotion at home. To be honest it really doesn't matter to me but I just remember the Norwich fans throwing things at Chris after the West Brom match which actually hit him. That's only reason I want it won at Norwich, so I can say '' who's got the last laugh now''

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Fixed.

Still amazes me we've not adopted that as a chant.

That will be first on after the final whistle. We'll all be in tears.

As for the chant it kinda loses it's way after the verse.

We'd have to go straight to I HAVE TO PRAISE YOU 3 times after the verse. I HAVE YOU PRAISE YOU LIKE I SHOULD.

Just sing it to Chris when he comes to the stand when we're up in floods of tears.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
That will be first on after the final whistle. We'll all be in tears.

As for the chant it kinda loses it's way after the verse.

We'd have to go straight to I HAVE TO PRAISE YOU 3 times after the verse. I HAVE YOU PRAISE YOU LIKE I SHOULD.

Just sing it to Chris when he comes to the stand when we're up in floods of tears.

I've always thought of it being done slowly, like the 'We Are Brighton' chant used to be done. Four sides of the AMEX singing:

"We've come a long long way together
Through the hard times and the good
We have to celebrate you Brighton
We have to praise you like we should"

Then back to the start.

Of course, doing it slowly is out of the question because we don't sing any chant slowly.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Absolutely no way, although I am reasonably comfortable that we will be OK anyway.

Our trophy room is not exactly bulging with silverware now is it? League One trophy, maybe an old Div 3/4 championship somewhere, and our 1907 Charity Shield win in there somewhere. Not sure we will be threatening the top six for a while yet either, or the Champions League. When you enter a competition you have to aim to win, not be first loser (I don't really mean that bit) so fxxk it, hell yes, I wanna win that Championship! Just to fill a bit more space in that cabinet if nothing else.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
In less than a blink of my eye

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here