Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Would you sell Lewis Dunk for £5m?

Would you sell Lewis Dunk for £5m?

• Yes. I'd drive him there myself and cover the petrol cost

Votes: 12 14.0%
  • Yes, seems fair value

Votes: 29 33.7%
  • No

Votes: 45 52.3%

• Total voters

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
As mentioned a few times before, to get Hune and Goldson in as Dunk replacements, plus a good few million quid on top of that, is great business. Shame to lose another local lad but it could fund a large part of our transfer window spend in one swoop.#

Article up on the official site about Goldson leaving Wolves when he was younger as he was depressed at the lack of first team action. Would he have joined us knowing he's 4th choice? I am sure Dunk is off, just down to how much the club can get for him.

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
In the absence of an option of.. 'No to a Championship team, but Yes to a Premier League team', I voted NO.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Why the two separate categories for 'Yes?' - wasn't really necessary was it?

I voted for 'Yes' - don't want to lose Dunk, but every player has a price, and I think £5M is the price for Dunk.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Would you?

You'll need to provide me with some background information:

Does the club need £5M to either (a) sign another player who would improve the first team squad, or (b) pay for the players already signed whilst continuing within the allowable budget framed by the chairman?

Does Dunk want to leave?

If he wants to stay, but wants an improved deal, can the club afford this? Do his demands fit within the club's wage structure?

Where would he be going?

If to a Championship rival, would it be considered that strengthening them would jeopardise Brighton's chance of success this season?

How is the £5M to be paid?

Are there any potential add ons?

And, most importantly:

Am I allowed to spend a percentage of the fee gained on pies and cake?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It's all about the sell-on fee, as we'd be gutted if he moved on for 8-10 million in 2 or 3 years.

50% sell-on, no less.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Not to Fulham. 5M to Newcastle, yes.

This. Would not like to see him go to another Championship club. But if he wants to take the next step up and try his luck in the prem, then good luck to the fella.

No. 25

Aug 25, 2012
No.

I don't believe that we would be able to sign anybody as good to replace him.

And whilst £5m is obviously a lot money, as we've seen from the sales from the previous couple of seasons, only a fraction of that would be reinvested into the squad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here