Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you rather... (Next 2 games)

No. 25

Aug 25, 2012
Reading & Sheff Weds :)lol:) away and a bizaare thought had just come into my head:

If you were offered the 2 following scenarios (hypothetically speaking of course) would you rather:

Option A - 1 win and 1 defeat - 3 points and undefeated run gone. Also offering one of our promotion rivals 3 points too (yes I am including Sheff Weds :lol: as a promo rival..

Option B - 2 draws - yes we'd only get 2 points but we'd still have the unbeaten run going & wouldn't have given a promo rival away 2 extra points.

Ordinarily I'd always bag the extra point and would find it hard to believe anyone would consider otherwise HOWEVER in this situation id rather take the 2 draws. Purely because I think the unbeaten record is playing a big part in our success now and player confidence... I don't think it should be underestimated.

So am I mad or do people agree with me..?

PS - Sheffield Wednesday :lol:

Good post.

I'd take the two draws - I believe what we'd gain from continuing the unbeaten run will ultimately outweigh the extra point.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Good post.

I'd take the two draws - I believe what we'd gain from continuing the unbeaten run will ultimately outweigh the extra point.

Thanks - and I agree the extension of thee unbeaten run would be more useful than the point... Maybe....

I don't think that many have got what I was saying tbh :lol:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Lose at Reading, and anything other than a 'Win At Wednesday' is a poor result.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I'd take two draws right now. However if we beat Reading then I won't care that much about the inevitable loss at that awful shithole Hillsborough (where I have been so many times and only witnessed utter dross).

Lose to Reading and the Sheffield Wednesday 😂 result becomes massive.

I'm nervous for the first time this season as I so want us to beat both these winky wanky clubs, neither of which I can stand.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Thanks - and I agree the extension of thee unbeaten run would be more useful than the point... Maybe....

I don't think that many have got what I was saying tbh :lol:

You are saying you`d prefer two points to three...was there anything else?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
You are saying you`d prefer two points to three...was there anything else?

Yes I was saying exactly that - thanks for proving my point :thumbsup:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So can we take it in next four Games you`d rather have four points than six ?

Nah cos that's just moved the goalposts hasn't it - my initial thought was on the next 2. You'll never know the answer as to if we drew the next 2 and stayed unbeaten whether that would change the players mindset for the 3rd game and we may pick up a point where we would have lost if the record was gone... Yes too deep a thinking I know but my point was people were saying 'I'll take a win & a draw' which wasn't the point of the thread. Never mind.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Nah cos that's just moved the goalposts hasn't it - my initial thought was on the next 2. You'll never know the answer as to if we drew the next 2 and stayed unbeaten whether that would change the players mindset for the 3rd game and we may pick up a point where we would have lost if the record was gone... Yes too deep a thinking I know but my point was people were saying 'I'll take a win & a draw' which wasn't the point of the thread. Never mind.

we probably still need very close to two points per game to gain automatic promotion...I can see where you are coming from but I feel every point is important.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
we probably still need very close to two points per game to gain automatic promotion...I can see where you are coming from but I feel every point is important.

Yes that's fine pal - my post saying people weren't getting was aimed at people saying 'I'd take a win and a draw' etc that's all :thumbsup: Not anyone disagreeing with my choice - as usually I'd always go points. As I said previously, maybe I'm putting too much emphasis on the unbeaten record continuing - and we all know we'll lose some time soon..!

Jimmy Grimble

Yes that's fine pal - my post saying people weren't getting was aimed at people saying 'I'd take a win and a draw' etc that's all :thumbsup: Not anyone disagreeing with my choice - as usually I'd always go points. As I said previously, maybe I'm putting too much emphasis on the unbeaten record continuing - and we all know we'll lose some time soon..!

I follow your point as well mate, but like you say, we will lose sometime soon. So for me the big thing will be how we react to losing our unbeaten record, as you often see teams struggle when a run comes to an end. If we can bounce back straight away it'll tell us a lot about this squad IMO...

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
4 points
I think we stand a chance of beating Reading as they are inconsistent at the moment.
:laugh: are on form but with a strong defensive performance we could get a 0-0
And the unbeaten run continues.
(I always start to get positive again by Thursday)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here