Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] Would you rather... Location, Location, Location....

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
Hello Campers. My divorce has gone through, financial agreement in place and my old gaff is about to go on the market. Yay me. I’m in rented and will get a bit of a deposit (she gets the lions share as per, but it's done now) i'm lucky that i can hold fire where i am for a year or so while i look. I have started looking at what I can buy for my budget. My question to you is this…

What would you rather, live in a slightly bigger property in a less salubrious area, or a small property in a nice area? Also, preference aside, Is it better to have the nice house in a crap area or a crap house in a good area?

My choice is currently Bognor, Aldwick, Felpham, Middleton possibly Barnham but it’s a bit far from kido’s school. I need 3 bedrooms and kids school is in Felpham. Bognor is quite rundown and has some rough elements. I do know some lovely folk from there though... community is what you make it and all that,

On a completely unrelated matter, anyone wanna buy a kidney? One careful owner...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Let me make this easier for you, as you're basically saying:-

Should I live in the vicinity of The Lobster Pot?
Or...

....There is no 'or', you drongo.

Last edited:

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
What would you rather, live in a slightly bigger property in a less salubrious area, or a small property in a nice area? Also, preference aside, Is it better to have the nice house in a crap area or a crap house in a good area?
It's a lot easier to improve a house than to improve a neighbourhood.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Nicer area. Felpham seems pretty decent to me...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Bognor's OK. Daughter lives there. OK it's not been gentrified yet, but the beach is lovely and unspoilt and you'll get a lot more property for your money than you might do elsewhere along the coast. Transport links (via Barnham) none too shabby either. You could do a lot worse imho

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
My house was on Location, Location, Location (series 8, episode 18). Kirstie and Phil 'The Kill' Spencer have been in my bedroom.
ODTEKMbEJikwsZw-1600x900-noPad.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We moved in a year or so later. I don't know what they got up to. He was probably killing the incumbent's pets.
Since you have totally derailed this thread, I once had Bernie Tormé round for a beer on my patio. Here he is with the Ozzmeister.

1716471082363.png

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
[QU
My house was on Location, Location, Location (series 8, episode 18). Kirstie and Phil 'The Kill' Spencer have been in my bedroom.
View attachment 182848

I was doing some work on a cottage in Shoreham a few years ago and sort of met him. Well he walked past me as I was fixing a door.

Was for a TV show about houses not selling and doing them up to sell.

Pretty straightforward what he did as far as I can remember, clean up, declutter crap, paint, fix broken shit (where I came in), fresh paint etc... Nothing that anyone else could do with half a brain cell but vendors hadn't done it until Phil came in with his "fantastic ideas" and was "wonderful".

I thought he was a nervous dweep in a competition with himself to see if he was more full of himself or more full of shit. Personally I thought it was a draw.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Smaller, better location.

chip

Jul 7, 2003
Glorious Goodwood
My nephew moved to Bognor from Worthing, near B&Q, Screwfix, and seems happy with the house and area. I'd go for area first, you know there are some places you will not want to be, Barnham seems to get lots of trouble. Size isn't everything and bigger houses aren't always better. I guess you get a good idea when you see them. I'm probably in the crap house in the nice area.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here