Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Would you prefer Cheddar or Brie?

Do you prefer Cheddar or Brie?

• Cheddar

Votes: 88 76.5%
  • Brie

Votes: 27 23.5%

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Cheddar in Welsh Rarebit? :nono:

Clue is in the name - has to be Caerphilly, if none available Wensleydale is a reasonable substitute followed by Cheshire. Bugger had Gammon Egg and Chips earlier and this is making me hungry again!

Try it, has to be fine grated and with very mature Cheddar mixed with some Lee and Perrins :thumbsup:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
A bacon brie and cranberry ciabatta lightly toasted is a thing of beauty, however, desert island scenario, can only take one type of cheese, got to be a good thoroughly matured cheddar hasn't it?

Damn straight. If you had to choose one of those two cheeses as your only cheese for life, you go cheddar every time. It's so much more versatile than brie for a start.

Cheese on toast, cauliflower cheese, lasagne topping - the list goes on almost forever whilst brie, like the country it originates from, has long since given up.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Cheddar is KING!

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
A bacon brie and cranberry ciabatta lightly toasted is a thing of beauty, however, desert island scenario, can only take one type of cheese, got to be a good thoroughly matured cheddar hasn't it?

This hits the nail on the head. Brie is great as a bit of a one off in the right situation. Cheddar is a superb all rounder, everyday cheese.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I like brie a lot, but I could live without it. I couldn’t live without cheddar

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Without any research I think 40% of cheddar in the UK comes from EU Ireland and that that 40% is far greater than our Brie imported. Cheddar for me.

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
If there's one thing that really gets me going when I come over and visit my parents in Dorchester, it's going to their local Wednesday market and splurging on the cheese stand. It's a little corner of heaven.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Brie everytime, l find cheddar to be far too dry and salty folr my taste.

As Sir Elton famously said durin the Brexit debate, l see myself as a European.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I dated a woman called Bree who had one unbelievably good talent, so for that reason alone, I'll choose brie.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here