Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Would you pay £1.2m for this?

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
I thought it was the former Barclays Bank, so was surprised to see the interior!
No, that’s next door and still vacant.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Use to be a small pub on the Ashbourne Rd leaving Leek small car park a dozen spaces maybe and the pub had been struggling for years and finally closed around two years ago and demolished for new housing. Up pop five three bed nothing in the way of a garden and the front three sit yards off the A523 and if anyone knows the area freight and i mean heavy freight in this Ashbourne, Buxton,Leek and further afield is absolutely relentless and yes at 280 and fees will take you above 300 ok i get its not the south east but governments of both colours have to act it can,t carry this way.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Comments from those unfamiliar with the location describe it being located on a soulless housing estate 😂😂😂
it's nowhere near Brighton. It's in Hurstpierpoint. There was a thread about it somewhere when it was first put up for sale.

It was a bit beige though.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
£26 million anyone?

1688851060544.png

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
it's nowhere near Brighton. It's in Hurstpierpoint. There was a thread about it somewhere when it was first put up for sale.

It was a bit beige though.
They’ve only mentioned Brighton because of the former owner I suspect.

I believe it was listed as £3.5m but reduced to £3m in the end. Not a bad profit, with most of the renovation done by members of his family

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I'll raise your bungalow and give you a 9 bedroom mansion.
Right on Uckfield High Street, next to traffic lights so constant queueing traffic and opposite a bar. Good news is you can house 27 boat people and make lots of money.
By the way, looks ugly from the front but inside and out the back, wow.
Ugly? That's a classic Georgian frontage. Absolutely stunning example. Incredible proportions.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Ugly? That's a classic Georgian frontage. Absolutely stunning example. Incredible proportions.
Yes, it goes with many other buildings we have in Uckfield.
Next door is the closed and empty Barclays Bank building. Stunning.
Opposite there are two huge buildings, the first being the now empty and boarded up Maidens Head Pub and next door a building equal to the Georgian but also empty and boarded up.
Strolling through the High St there are many buildings of equal stature, Lloyds Bank (surprisingly still open), Library also open, Southern Water (now a modernised Pizza restaurant and the Post Office (huge building also closed).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here