Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Would you pay £1.2m for this?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
How can anyone afford to buy a house in Lewes?

This place only has two bedrooms, it's in need of modernisation, esp the kitchen, is overlooked by other houses, and has zero kerb appeal (in fact, it's downright ugly).

Utterly insane.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

This place only has two bedrooms, it's in need of modernisation, esp the kitchen, is overlooked by other houses, and has zero kerb appeal (in fact, it's downright ugly).

Utterly insane.

Third of an acre. It’ll get bought by a DFL, demolished and a great big place built on the plot.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Utterly insane.

Geez - hardly an architectural gem, is it? Pretty ugly, in fact, as unimaginative architecture goes. I've seen more nice looking garages ...............

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Third of an acre. It’ll get bought by a DFL, demolished and a great big place built on the plot.
only thing that make sense, though even then not sure they'd get permission for enough homes to make it worth while.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Imagine the conversation, agent, yes we can get over £1mill for your house........wow is it worth that?.....No but we can bulldoze your pile of crap that you have loved and lived in for forty years and build massive ! oh stop crying and think of the dollars

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Even if they can't get planning permission to knock it down and build a billion Barrett homes, they can probably modernise and extend it, and how many detached properties with large gardens and a garage do you think there are in the centre of lewes ?

I've been thinking of moving for a couple of years and want a small bungalow that I can extend/renovate etc on a fairly large plot with parking for 3 cars, south/SW facing garden and close enough to walk to a couple of cafes/pubs/restaurants. I've been looking around Hurst/Hassocks etc and they are like gold dust.

Mrs Wz helpfully suggested that we used to like 7 dials (where our previous house was), why didn't we look there as then we could stay in Brighton

Location, location, location :facepalm:

Last edited:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
You could get 3 Beach Huts for that!

Elbow750

Jun 21, 2020

Utterly insane.

I know this place, its a bungalow in a desirable road in central Lewes with a big garden and a garage. Very rare so desirable and Its above the floodplain too. London money makes this affordable to lots of people. I expect it will sell quite easily.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Could I be paid £1.2m to live in East Sussex...

...F**k off.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
I thought this was going to be a thread about Adam Virgo to Celtic…

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here