Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Would you like to see England lose their next two games to a centre back error?

Would you like to see England their next two games to a centre back error?

• Total voters

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
So all you people with "no interest in England" didn't watch the team in the world cup and join in the fun? And won't watch them in the Euros....in England? Every time anyone mentions England there seems to be a queue of people for the "I have less interest in England than you do" competition.

I can only speak for myself, but I used to passionately care about the team. Countless let-downs and more pertinently the behaviour of some of the team both on and off the pitch has left me feeling almost nothing for them. I usually watch matches and can feel some pleasure when we do well, but if we lose, the acid test is, that it doesn't hurt anymore. I imagine it would be a similar experience if I supported a team like Liverpool or man city, pleased to associate with success but can walk away from them when they have a dodgy game or season. It is all very plastic.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
If Southgate can't take England seriously, why should we?

Being neutral, so ignoring the Dunk omission, picking Mings & Keane is taking the piss.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Yes, but I am probably not the best person to ask.

Likewise

Don’t forget the Welsh, Irish (both varieties) and Scots Albion fans who will all vote yes too :wink:

Voted accordingly, but couldn't really care less who makes an error :lolol:

In all seriousness, with the centre backs he has picked, there is a fair chance of them conceding, not neccesarily losing due to this. Should be Tarkowski and Dunk as their centre back pairing.

Maguire shouldn't be in the squad with all thats going on and if found guilty should be reminded that its not only on a football pitch that you represent your country when abroad and never selected again imho.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Weird replies .

Not fussed on Dunk getting in there tbh . Less chance of injuries if not there .

Want Engkand to win every game . Southgate doing a good job . Quite pleasing to see that it’s fashionable to dislike England again though. Just ironic considering what they are achieving with young likeable players .

Still , everyone that said yes will be back on the bandwagon next summer no doubt

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
What a sad thread

Last time I was enthused about an England game was when Terry Venables was in charge, We knew we'd lose Eventually but we All had fun getting there.

It's been the same failure and a total chrisma bypass since.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I can only speak for myself, but I used to passionately care about the team. Countless let-downs and more pertinently the behaviour of some of the team both on and off the pitch has left me feeling almost nothing for them. I usually watch matches and can feel some pleasure when we do well, but if we lose, the acid test is, that it doesn't hurt anymore. I imagine it would be a similar experience if I supported a team like Liverpool or man city, pleased to associate with success but can walk away from them when they have a dodgy game or season. It is all very plastic.

Perfect analogy. I have no emotional attachment to my country. Brighton and Hove Albion on the other hand, stirs the soul. ( with occaisional PL esque plasticised moments TBH!)

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Whatever I think of him recently Southgate does deserve credit for his job at the WC.

He brought through the u21s, bought a bit of feel good back and yes, let’s be honest, got a bit of luck, but his attitude clearly rubbed off on the players (I’m thinking the penalty shootout win against Columbia, especially).

But I’m wondering if this is why there’s a shelf life to England managers. Like those before him he has clearly developed bias and making squad picks based on favouritism not on form or current ability. The same old failings.

We have some astonishing young talent coming through, I no longer have 100% faith in this England manager.

Ok I do have a rose tinted perspective, but the Dunk omission in favour of favourites Keane and trendy Ming is bloody scandalous. Ok, take away my bias, and the same applies with Grealish missing out.

Phillips gets in immediately but not Ben White? Please.

And if you’re sticking with a possible convict due to favouritism you know you’re too far gone.

Southgate out.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Not if it was an important game, not really fussed about these micky mouse games.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
So all you people with "no interest in England" didn't watch the team in the world cup and join in the fun? And won't watch them in the Euros....in England? Every time anyone mentions England there seems to be a queue of people for the "I have less interest in England than you do" competition.
I get into it when the tournament arrives but there are so many reasons to turn off. Southgate's tedious safe big club selections being the latest.

Sent from my Nokia 2.3 using Tapatalk

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
It will pan out one of two ways:
1. We will romp through these with our attacking options. Enter into the next competition with its coming home blaring only to see Mings and Keane exposed.

2. We ship bad goals to teams with a decent striker, southgate picks someone else from one of his favourite teams. I dread to think who that may be.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Dunk is seen as too old, so the next 15 centre backs on the rank got all get injured and Dunk would still be overlooked.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Where is the option for "who cares"?

Thinking exactly the same. I get caught up in the emotion of others but don't go out of my way to watch games. The manager is really not very good or interesting. I would be sorry for Lewis if he felt upset but he is well rewarded by football and more importantly I am sure he recognises the esteem he is held in by Brighton fans.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Sure... I'm not English. And its always great to see the English national team **** up, it is one of football's long lasting traditions.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Hate to say it’s but our very own GP would make an excellent England manager one day.

Hopefully a while away yet.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
In one horrible week, culminating in Nice on 27 June 2016, my affection for England was terminally dimmed.

The Albion, I support with my heart and soul.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here