Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you have Zamora back on pay as you play deal ?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Hi,

with Zamora getting into the twilight of his career and suffering fitness issues and the ability to play a full 90 minutes, if he was available on a pay as you play deal, would you have him back ????

Yes, of course. Would he sign one? Never in a million years.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
sometimes as well as youth you need a couple of older experienced pros to steady the ship

Examples such as Bridge and Upson succeeding combined with the apparent need for a forward to maintain his pace would encourage me more to using the 'older and experienced' players in deeper roles on the pitch.
Always open to change though.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
BZ has provided us with some fantastic memories. But his time has come and gone. Best keep the memories intact. Never go back.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I'd sign him on a two year deal. The shirt sales alone would pay for him. But I also think he would work well with CMS, assuming Ulloa has gone.

TaxiRichieUK

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
its ok to say pay as you play deals dont exist, but with FFP, surely a lot of older players are going to lower their demands, because they and there agents realise that clubs will not be able to spend over their budget

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
'Pay as you play' doesn't exist on modern football! 10K a week with appearance / preformance bonuces is more realistic.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
no - would be worse than when micky adams came back

yes, he scored in the playoff final, but apart from that he's done **** ALL in about 3 years except moan about everything - dont need that

I think he was the difference in about 5 games for QPR in the last couple of months. But there we go.

TaxiRichieUK

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
I think he was the difference in about 5 games for QPR in the last couple of months. But there we go.

i do agree, in fact even at 10k a week, if he had an impact for 5 games, and helped us get promotion, we paid out more to vicente in the time he was here and he barely impacted in 5 games didnt he?

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
I'd give him a two year deal. As a target man he's leagues better than Ulloa. I rate Ulloa, I think people have forgotten how good Bobby was and still is. His touch, control and ability to bring other players in to the game is still superb.

TaxiRichieUK

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
I'd give him a two year deal. As a target man he's leagues better than Ulloa. I rate Ulloa, I think people have forgotten how good Bobby was and still is. His touch, control and ability to bring other players in to the game is still superb.

NO NO NO your absolutely wrong, hes past it and wouldnt be able to play more than 6 games a season, and of course you should never have a player back at a club once hes left regardless of the situation, plus youve forgotten he would want at least 20k a week and Berk would never agree to this deal for an older player after having his fingers burnt before with vicente, plus we wouldnt want to be paying loads for a older bench warmer milking the club for a season, or denying a youngster the chance of being on the bench or some first team action

TaxiRichieUK

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
You asked for opinions. I gave you mine. For the right money. I'd welcome him back.

i personally do agree with you, but for some of the purists on here, we could sign Ibrahimovic or Messi on a free transfer when they are 34 or 35 for a season or 2 on 20k a week and they wouldnt be satisfied

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here