[Albion] Would you have Potter back?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
No.

He did well here, but he put bank balance ahead of albion. He left us in the lurch mid-season without a care for his "project" at the albion.

Which is all OK in many respects. But it doesn't get him his job here back.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Hopefully the rumours about De Zerbi having crossed swords over transfers aren’t true as it brings back that faint whiff of Poyet trouble.

If our great boss does then get pinched in the summer, Potts is likely to be a free agent given what we are all regularly laughing about.

I realise he is viewed by some or even many as something of an antichrist but he would be a safe bet in terms of minimum adjustment and transition needed. I’d take that over us rolling the dice on another manager and hitting yet another double 6. Obviously whether he’d want to come back is another matter entirely
I wouldn’t want that man or his cohorts anywhere near our club!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
why on earth would this even work, players would see him as someone who ditched everyone for better option, and failed.

Reactions: cjd

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Hell no, we can do much better than that washed up serial loser.

I was Potter Out when he was here. I’m now firmly Potter Stay Out.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
It’s a no from me too. Wasn’t 100% first time around. Besides I like us scoring goals!

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
What a great idea
We can watch our false nines missing chance after chance after chance and the lose to Palace after having 98,7334% possession and sixty bazillion shots
It will be fantastic to watch
I just can’t wait.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Well, I respect that. At the same time, you can find plenty of threads where people said the same thing about Glenn Murray... which in the end turned out quite well.
You cite Murray. It's not really comparable as Poyet wanted him gone. Murray didn't ask to leave and in fact wanted to stay. Had Murray stayed, we'd have almost certainly gone up years before we did and palace would perhaps still be playing above their level in the championship.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Yes, I’d have Potter back.

There are scenarios where, in a few years time, with RDZ poached and perhaps we’re near the bottom of the table, he could appeal.

My concern is that he is managing another team where he can’t get them to score. He’d need to sort this out before he returns to us in 2027.

It’s almost like 99% of his other threads have been condescending wank.

Oh wait, it’s LI.

It’s almost like 100% of his other threads have been condescending wank….
It’s absolutely comical you’re a moderator

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
No thanks.
Many don’t understand it but I wasn’t the slightest bit worried when he went. I was convinced we could do better.

Notwithstanding the work he’d done and relative success he’d achieved (and I’m grateful in many ways for it) I still found it desperately hard to love him.

And the ‘history lesson’ comment still grates.

I (still) think he's a good manager. But whatever we are in the leagues, and I've watched us in all, I would never want him back. Too much baggage.
Yes I accept the baggage issue is massive so it wouldn’t be very popular. But stranger things n all that. I never was a huge fan of his but grudgingly accepted his strengths the longer he was here.

Probs I’m being too cautious but it would ask a lot of the club to find yet another RDZ

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports