Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Except that...

We didn't SAVE Germany did we?
Or Italy?
Or Hungary?
Or Bulgaria?
Or Finland?
Nor did we defeat those nations, on our own. Other European countries made equally big sacrifices.
And it ignores the decisive American contribution
And the Polish airmen and thousands of Irishmen and other European nationals who fought in our armed forces.

Apart from all that, excellent point.

Those Poles that we entered the war to defend, tell me what happened to them in 1945...

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I voted LEAVE; I'm very pleased I did; I would do the same again.

The FTSE 100 is back almost to where it was last Thursday. The £ is recovering. So much for all the doom-mongers.

As for £350m more going to the NHS. The organisation needs to control its current costs, not be given even more money to fritter away.

And does anyone really believe that Scotland or Northern Ireland will leave the UK so that they can be controlled by a bunch of unelected bureaucrats in Brussels?

Yes I do and certainly Scotland will leave the UK if that's what it takes. Apparently the 350 million promised to the NHS was lie.... nice one.

I voted remain and would do again.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
those selfish pensioners have had to put up with the shite from Europe since they tried to federalise it it ratherthan leave it as a trading group
I suspect that others seen one of the European masters yesterday complaining that they will not wait until the tories have chosen another leader, but did'nt mind waiting until we saved their arses in two world wars losing two generations of our young men
so whose the selfish ones there then

Don't be so ludicrously aggressive.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I voted LEAVE; I'm very pleased I did; I would do the same again.

The FTSE 100 is back almost to where it was last Thursday. The £ is recovering. So much for all the doom-mongers.

As for £350m more going to the NHS. The organisation needs to control its current costs, not be given even more money to fritter away.

And does anyone really believe that Scotland or Northern Ireland will leave the UK so that they can be controlled by a bunch of unelected bureaucrats in Brussels?

It is above where it was last Thursday when the market closed.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I didnt vote because I do not think that either side gave sufficient definitive information of how it would affect us either way. In the light of the information available now it would definitely be remain.

What information is available now that wasn't before?

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Voted Remain, would vote Remain again if there was a second referendum but I don't necessarily agree there should be a second one.

The nation spoke and the nation voted out. It's up to us now to navigate through that decision and try to do the best for our country and our children. To continue flipping the coin until it lands heads up flies in the face of democracy.

I would be curious to see, should there be a second referendum, whether the Leave numbers drop off knowing what they know now about the NHS money; not to mention the EU taking an early hard-line stance of " if you want the single market then you have to have freedom of movement " and pretty much drowning out the "take back our borders" war-cry.

I understand both of the above were primary motivators for some of those who voted to leave and if both of those have now been found to be utter toss I wonder if that would change people's minds.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
In the immortal words:
'You may tell them all we stand or fall'

I voted out and that is what I standing with!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Without derailing the thread, this is a valid point. The NHS is a humungus cashcow, a top-heavy trough awash with cash for middle-to-senior management and penpushers. What they spend on recruiting and then paying these parasites in wages, bonuses and pension schemes is absolutely mindboggling. If 1/10th of those funds was diverted to the doctors, nurses and to front line services, there would never be any such thing as an NHS crisis.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Without derailing the thread, this is a valid point. The NHS is a humungus cashcow, a top-heavy trough awash with cash for middle-to-senior management and penpushers. What they spend on recruiting and then paying these parasites in wages, bonuses and pension schemes is absolutely mindboggling. If 1/10th of those funds was diverted to the nurses and to front line services, there would never be any such thing as an NHS crisis.

But it is also easy point scoring in any election to say we are going to support / pump money into etc.

They hardly ever do though.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Was remain and would stay remain. And although not advocating a second vote, I firmly believe a second vote return a remain result, quite possibly with a greater margin than 52/48

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Except that...

We didn't SAVE Germany did we?
Or Italy?
Or Hungary?
Or Bulgaria?
Or Finland?
Nor did we defeat those nations, on our own. Other European countries made equally big sacrifices.
And it ignores the decisive American contribution
And the Polish airmen and thousands of Irishmen and other European nationals who fought in our armed forces.

Apart from all that, excellent point.
I'd be interested to know which European countries you consider made ''Equally big sacrifices '' ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
But it is also easy point scoring in any election to say we are going to support / pump money into etc.

They hardly ever do though.

They wouldn't even need to if our money was actually being diverted to where it needs to be, rather than straight into the pockets of an army of execs and senior managers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here