Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you cash in on any current Albion player?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Every player has his price. Admittedly it would take very silly money to prise away the likes of Dunk or Stephens - and I've no idea what the required amount would be - but if someone was willing to pay it, off they would trot.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I would put a higher price on Norwood than Lua Lua.the rest is about right IMHO.which will upset the Ince admireers.

Probably right, although I can't believe the earlier poster who claimed Skalak is worth 2.5m and LuaLua 1m. Both figures are wildly inflated in my opinion, and in any case, is Skalak two and a half times the player that LuaLua is? I don't think so.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Probably right, although I can't believe the earlier poster who claimed Skalak is worth 2.5m and LuaLua 1m. Both figures are wildly inflated in my opinion, and in any case, is Skalak two and a half times the player that LuaLua is? I don't think so.

I'm not Skalak's biggest fan, but it's all about perception. He's an international footballer who was a regular in a Championship winning side who is young, versatile and a quality deliverer of set pieces. He's also a much more rounded player than KLL. So I'd say £2.5m is probably under selling him in the current market. I certainly wouldn't want you doing our player negotiations, that's for sure

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I would tend to honour existing contracts and never sell anyone unless they put in a transfer request. If the can't make the cut of 25, send them out on loan.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Interesting thread. Disappointed to see the lack of appreciation of Skalak and Hemed. We have to register 25 players in the Premier League. These two are current internationals, assist makers and goal scorers. Why would we let them go to bring in a few million when we need players for a squad rather than money in the bank? With a decent pre-season ahead of him, I think Skalak will prove the doubters wrong. I have a theory that that the same fans who don't rate him didn't rate Ashley Barnes either. But then I also have this dream that Rohan Ince will get a game for us in the Premier League and prove to be a midfield giant after all!

Step too far.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
Every player has their price. However if we get the right signings in I think Norwood and perhaps Skalak and Hemed could be surplus to requirements. I'm a big fan of Ince but he does t seem to get CHs support and he might go. I'd prefer he went for another loan though. Does anyone have a definitive list of which of our players have only a year on their contract?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Every player has their price. However if we get the right signings in I think Norwood and perhaps Skalak and Hemed could be surplus to requirements. I'm a big fan of Ince but he does t seem to get CHs support and he might go. I'd prefer he went for another loan though. Does anyone have a definitive list of which of our players have only a year on their contract?
1 year left :

Walton
Bruno
Bong
Rosenior
Hunemeier
Sidwell
Ince
Hemed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here