Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Would you boo RDZ if he goes to Chelsea?

Would you boo RDZ at Chelsea

• Boooooooo

Votes: 104 50.7%
  • Nooooooo

Votes: 101 49.3%

• Total voters

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I thought he had SIGNED for some Italian club?

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
Why boo him. He was never underhanded, completely open about his ambitions and left honourably. Had we been able to match his squad ambitions he would still be with us. I wish him well. Now if Potter comes back, the only reason I wouldn't boo him is out of respect for TB and PB who made the decision to re-employ him, and of course, the hope that although he is a snake he does have ability as a coach.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
That's the thing.

If RDZ does join Chelsea, you can boo him under the guise of booing Sanchez/Cucurella/Caicedo/Mitoma.
I would give Sanchez a break, he is a bloody good keeper who went from number 1 to 3 overnight because he is better at stopping balls from going in than playing as a fullback. Sure he spat the dummy, but it was somewhat understandable.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Do other clubs fans behave the way we do? Booing Cucurella, Caicedo, Trossard displaying overt hatred to the likes of Potter, Bridcutt, Poyet? We seem to do it a lot to players and managers who merely have the temerity to leave to a bigger club*.

*unless they cry on the pitch after their last game, then they're golden

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Do other clubs fans behave the way we do? Booing Cucurella, Caicedo, Trossard displaying overt hatred to the likes of Potter, Bridcutt, Poyet? We seem to do it a lot to players and managers who merely have the temerity to leave to a bigger club*.

Yes, fans boo explayers who play for other teams, especially rivals, Spurs/Arsenal, Newcastle/Sunderland etc. You can hear it on tv.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
I'll just boo Chelsea, does that count?

rebel51

Jan 4, 2021
West sussex
A boo and a judas chant from me, even though he was great in the Europe season.Just for the fact he's gone to this horrible club full of vermin and no soul.

Sea Cider

Dec 27, 2012

Yes, yes they do

Han Solo

May 25, 2024

To different extent, I guess. Southampton fans boo Lallana but I don't think they boo Van Dijk. Some club fans are happy when a player leaves for £80m because they don't have owners as willing to invest money and cover losses. Tony Bloom has spent £300m of his own money on the club and what he has received in return is getting accused of a lack of ambition if he sells a player for £115m. The idea of how "cheap/unambitious" Tony is, how evil Caicedo and others are, comes directly from the senseless expectations/demands that comes with having what 99.9% of the football fans of the world would consider an absolutely utopian ownership.

Paul Barber has said we like to treat our employees well when they leave because if they one day want to return with their qualities, we should be open to that. The boos probably won't help Trossard think "maybe I'll round off with a year or two in Brighton", but tbf I don't know how much it really matters. Its not like Dan Burn or ex-Boca Alexis Mac Allister are going to return because the Amex is some sort of cauldron of noise and passion, they would return because we're a well-run club in a safe environment where their kids won't grow up to be knife juggling drug addicts.

Overall I would say that booing opponents is more beneficial than harmful. If we're looking strictly at players, I think Cucurella is the one where not booing could have made a difference - I could have seen him return from Chelsea, and honestly he's a pretty good player. But at the same time, if anyone is worth booing its definitely him due to the whole Romano-City-Chelsea-shithousery that lasted a month... again, probably worth it.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I would give Sanchez a break, he is a bloody good keeper who went from number 1 to 3 overnight because he is better at stopping balls from going in than playing as a fullback. Sure he spat the dummy, but it was somewhat understandable.

Really so it wasn't about his habit of dropping clangers like the Palace goal? He needed to wipe that smug look off his face and knuckle down and improve his game with his feet and fight for his place. He had some bizarre idea that the Everton home drubbing was all down to Steele and that somehow the Cup Semi Final entitled him to the No.1 position. The down tools was unforgivable.

And admittedly he's had injuries but how's it working out at Chelsea? Chelsea fans and management lost confidence and plenty of rumours they will sign another keeper so he once again will be no.3 . And imagine the hilarity if RDZ did actually get the job!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Chelsea fans held up a Mount shirt with Judas written on it when they played Man U this season so if anything we’re quite tame compared to other fans.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Boo the fella who gave us the greatest football the club has had in 123 years ? Nah

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Didn’t he refuse to be on the bench and then for whatever reason stop training?

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Definitely not. RDZ and Bloom came to a sensible agreement at the right time, which was right for all parties. What’s he done to deserve booing? He gave us the greatest season we’ve ever had.

If he’d had left us half way through the season and taken existing club legends and highly rated coaching staff with him then that would be very different.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here