Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you be interested in an NSC end of season meal?

Would you be interested in an NSC end of season meal

• Sounds fab - I may just go to that

Votes: 111 72.5%
  • Shit house idea - count me out

Votes: 42 27.5%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Hmmmm. Not a bad idea! Everyone knows where it is, easy parking and some of our cash goes to the club. I can see that some may not want to do the AMEX, but it's got to be worth consideration, shirley?

I believe it would immediately rule out this being a more 'value' proposition.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

They're doing Xmas parties starting at £28/head including a disco. Not that I'm saying that we would want a disco, I hasten to add; but if they can do that for £28 each, maybe it's not out of reach? Anyway.... your call, of course!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Plus to be honest if I'm going to get BATTERED until the wee hours The Amex is one of the last places in Brighton I'd want to be in at the end, trying to get home.

Taxi Controller - I've got a request for 50 cabs as soon as possible. It's for a group of football fans, they're steaming and you'll have to go through Moulescoomb twice.

Every cabbie in Brighton - tell them there's a £20 flag fall and the vomit penalties have just been doubled.

It was enough of an effort getting the Tax Man 10 yards after the Centenary do.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Are we allowed to protest against the world elites at the party?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
They're doing Xmas parties starting at £28/head including a disco. Not that I'm saying that we would want a disco, I hasten to add; but if they can do that for £28 each, maybe it's not out of reach? Anyway.... your call, of course!

End of meal disco is a magnificent idea

:banana::banana::banana:

Fred Oliver - Legend

Jul 20, 2005
Valley Park
There would also be a Royal Rumble style bout with Uncle Spielberg taking on the bullies. It would start with just him and Hans Kray Fan Club in the ring, with a new bully entering every two minutes.

with Hans already being a past rumble winner i'm not sure it would be fair on the others to have him in it, even if he does start with number 1. :dunce:

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I had best be there....well who else will moderate the evening??? If I bring my laptop I can issue live infractions!! :lol:

Only one issue I have with doing live infractions......my laptop is about 16 inches wide.......my backside isn't!!! :)

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Ok, I'll start:

Q1: Who's going to take all the flak because something goes ever so slightly wrong for an individual on the night and they clearly can't be expected to wo/man up to deal with it?

a) Barber
b) Bozza
c) Burke
d) Bloom
e) Some other guy whose name starts with a "B" (Oh God, my first name does :nono:)

I'm definitely "in". Whoever ends up organising this (early bets make Bozza odds-on) will have a difficult enough time sorting a venue, date, attendance lists to give to the venue for food, etc. etc. that I'm sure they could do without grief from people whose only contribution will be to drop a little cash, turn up and have a good time.

Barnes seems the obvious choice, or even Bruno now!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I had considered it would be the most appropriate late night snack thing, brought in when people are getting peckish again.

No, no, no - surely it would be better to arrange for the pies to be at a central point for people to pick up on the way to the party ?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The quiz thing sounds like a decent idea. The raffle is an utterly shit idea, unless you like watching Lush & Superphil repeatedly make trips to the stage :p

Many years ago, myself and my fellow Scars & Stripes co-editors ran an end of season meal. I can't recall where now - some hotel on Hove seafront. It seemed to go quite well.

I know the club run several of these sort of things now at the Amex, but they are relatively pricey and it strikes me as more than some people could or would want to pay.

So, would you be interested in attending a less swish and, frankly, cheaper end of season meal if one existed? I'm thinking...

Brighton/Hove central-ish location
3 course meal
Some alcohol included (maybe)
Some vaguely Albion-ish special guests
Raffle (proceeds to REMF?)
Possiby some light-hearted NSC awards (or maybe not - possibly a bit cringey)

To be clear - the intention wouldn't be to do something cheap and rubbish, but to offer something a more affordable pricepoint to more fans. Target pricepoint to be, say, £30 give or take.

This might be a completely shit idea, but I won't know if I don't ask.

Would there be a reduction if i didn't want the pudding and didn't want alcohol included?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Maybe we can have our own NSC vegetarian night out? I say this as a fellow veggie.

Discrimination against omnivores there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here