Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Would you be happy...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
No aiming at mid table this season would only be acceptable if TB said we are saving money to make a concerted effort for automatic next season at all costs.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
Definitely not, what's the point in watching football if there's no excitement, tension and unpredictability?

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I think it's a theoretical question, Ern.

In response to the OP, No, I'd take decent football over a poor season, even if it meant top six. I'd prefer two top eight finishes, than watching pish for ten months.

You can't just write a season off otherwise what is the point in going ? We need Bloom to make a statement of intent and start spending some of the Ulloa cash

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Looks like there will be plenty of goals in our games.

:whistle:

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
After finishing in play off places and losing the last two seasons, anything else but a play off final or automatic promotion IMHO this season would be deemed as total failure !
Why wouldn't it be ?

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
You can't just write a season off otherwise what is the point in going ? We need Bloom to make a statement of intent and start spending some of the Ulloa cash

Statement of intentions a plenty the last three seasons and not a lot invested in players !
Even more promises by the sounds of it made to Sammi and to Stockdale this season, but the least amount so far spent on players since we've been at the Amex. Hmmmmm ????

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I hate losing, I want us to win every week in style....so NO.

:thumbsup:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I think we have to spend the Ulloa cash this year for FFP, not sure it can be carried over to next season.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
NO
we looked like a mid table last season and managed top 6
so...............................

We were a mid table side until Garcia realised 30 games too late to start Kazenga & then we won 2, drew 2 and scraped into top 6.
He then dropped him & in effect dropped himself

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
I think we have to spend the Ulloa cash this year for FFP, not sure it can be carried over to next season.

Transfers in though get spread across the length of the contract though don't they ?, so spending £2m on a new striker now on a 4yr deal will hit the books for £500k per year.

I'd take the OP's suggestion if it meant more exciting football though I have a horrible feeling that the crowds will tail off significantly, playing in a half full ground would be pants.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
C'mon for Chrissake! What's all the bloody doom'n'gloom, the season hasn't started yet and we have failed FFS. I just might feel like that if we are in the bottom half at Christmas.
What right do we have to expect our players to be totally committed to the club and winning for us, whilst ourselves considering they are losers. I wonder what experience of footy some have that they think having not looked spectacular playing friendlies we haven't prepared properly. Friendlies are as much about finding out what doesn't work as much as what does. :rolleyes:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Football is not like that, only takes a couple of bad results and mid table becomes bottom 6 and how are you able to guarantee anything about the season after

Just to be clear, are you suggesting that Simster's scenario isn't a genuine option for me to take?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I think they are trying to spend it although l suspect they are looking to spend it wisely rather than spunking a couple of million just to quieten a noisy minority of our 'supporters'.

Huple

Unregistered
May 28, 2008
Standish Sanatarium
Just to be clear, are you suggesting that Simster's scenario isn't a genuine option for me to take?

I would be prepared to eat salad for two days if I knew that we were having a Battenburg cake at the weekend. If though we were having grandma over for Sunday lunch then I would expect to see roast pork on the table with a proper tea with sandwiches cut into neat quarters later in the day. I would also instruct the children to leave their skateboards and roller skates at the top of our stairs . I would not though expect to have to visit Auntie Edith in the same month.
I think I've covered it all there.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I would be prepared to eat salad for two days if I knew that we were having a Battenburg cake at the weekend. If though we were having grandma over for Sunday lunch then I would expect to see roast pork on the table with a proper tea with sandwiches cut into neat quarters later in the day. I would also instruct the children to leave their skateboards and roller skates at the top of our stairs . I would not though expect to have to visit Auntie Edith in the same month.
I think I've covered it all there.

Is that for well behaved children, or to create a hazard?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here