Votes: 216 61.5%
  • No

Votes: 135 38.5%

• Total voters

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
We need a British manager. 30 promotions have taken place in 10 years to the premiership and I believe I'm right in saying only one has been with a foreign manager in charge. It says more about the championship than the ability of the manager. The football is similar to the premiership 20 years ago. The premiership has changed hence why the British managers appear to struggle with their promoted team. Bring in someone like Warnock with premise of a big bonus for promotion but an immediate withdrawal from managing the team and appoint a jolly foreigner ready for the following season.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I have a strong feeling he will be our new manager, so therefore might was well get behind him when it's announced.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
The good thing about his gilet is it has the appearance of a bullet proof vest, so any assassins will either be put off altogether, or go for a head shot - in which case he won't even know it's happened.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
An absolute tool of the highest order who at times can make Poyet seem rational. Would rather have Micky Adams back

solly

Aug 31, 2005
Yes I do believe he's the right man, he's got passion and a desire to win. He now needs the funds, the authority to act as a manager (not a coach) and the backing of the club. He should have the contacts to get signings and he's a fairly recently retired player so should get the respect of the team. I bleive he could set the team up to play nice attacking football
Just sayin is all

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Oscar Garcia,
He isn't he-er.
He came from Barca,
But went away.
We've got no money,
It isn't funny.
Please don't take, our dreams, away

Oscar Garcia,
He isn't he-er.
Now we've got Sherwood,
He'll stay one year,
We've still no money,
It's still not funny.
Please don't take, our dream, away.

brightoon

Jun 13, 2011
Not for me thanks. Strikes me as a bit arrogant, came up short when it came to the big games for the Spuds and can see him putting himself forward for every Premier League job that comes up (rather like someone we used to know). If there was money available Garcia would have stayed. Not sure where all this talk of "must be British" is coming from, all our recent success has been with a foreign coach/manager.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Whether I/we think he's any good, he thinks he's the mutts nuts so I highly doubt he would come. He's just achieved 60% win rate at spurs so he will hold out for a prem club.
Can't see him coming.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just listen to a few minutes of any post-match interview. The guy is a clown.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Admittedly against Man City and Liverpool it does not look good but Tottenham were not the only team to suffer big defeats

Chelsea?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
How is he bringing through DS players, he has been working with Spurs youngsters as a coach since 2008 having success with their U19 and U21 squads. Will he strop? How do we know, he's stuck his job out at Spurs under different management in different positions within the club.

He wasn't afraid to drop failing stars like Soldado and bring in Academy stars like Bentaleb.

He has shown tactical flexibility, but it was Levy and the fans who demanded 4-4-2, and he gave them that, but he also played 4-3-3 and 4-5-1 when required. It didn't always work, but then Spurs are an ensemble of elite players who didn't play for the last manage either.

Players like Eriksen have heaped praise on Sherwood giving them freedom to play without fear, and express themselves.

I think some comments on here are based on pure sound bites and irrational opinion.

Yes, probably. I just have no idea how he will handle a reasonable sized, championship budget. He would be a bigger risk than Oscar, but then TB is not known for making obvious appointments, so we will see. But he HAS to work within the contraints set by the club and cannot moan about them if things do not go his way. He must be up for a tough challenge and not run away when things get a bit difficult. If he can do all of that then fine give him a go, but there are too many unknowns for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here